Double Chocolate Cream Filled Strawberries: This five-ingredient, tasty dessert can be whipped up in five minutes! I dare you to eat only one.
Have you ever blended marshmallow cream and cream cheese together? It’s probably one of the greatest inventions. Period.
You know what it’s great for? Dipping berries while anxiously watching the World Cup and quietly commentating the game. I mean, guys, have you been watching the ensuing intensity of the World Cup? The Netherlands/Australia game nearly gave me a coronary, and we’re still only in the group stages.
I am a huge Netherlands fan. My grandparents emigrated from Holland when they were little, and I look pretty Dutch with my pale, pale skin, so I’ve got to root for them. But they also tear it up on the field so rooting for them isn’t that hard. Sure, they struggled against Australia, but Australia is scrappy and put up a good fight, and you know, no one is perfect.
But they prevailed. Hallelujah! If this keeps up, they could be in the finals again! You heard it here first.
Anyway, back to baking instead of my soccer commentary, if you have never made this fruit dip, you have not lived. Seriously.
This isn’t the type of dip where you dip in you fruit once and call it day. No, this is the type where submerge your entire berry and coat it in the stuff. Shoot, eat it with a spoon. Place it on some brownies. Put it on cake and call it frosting.
But, my favorite is eating it with strawberries. My mom used to make this dip when we were little, and I absolutely loved it. She would always use food dye to color it pink, and we always dipped strawberries in it.
Today, I revamped the dip a bit by adding in some white chocolate. I happen to really like white chocolate in certain forms–white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, triple chocolate chip cookies, Lindt white chocolate truffles, etc. I added it to the dip, because, why not?
And it enhanced it. It gave it a slightly different flavor that I liked but didn’t take any of that perfect original flavor away.
Of course, you can throw this dip into a bowl and call it a day, but if you want to get all fancy and whatnot, pipe it into the strawberries and drizzle with chocolate. You won’t regret it.
But this type of presentation is so simple yet looks amazing, which makes it the perfect go-to party snack. It’s five ingredients that literally takes a couple of minutes to whip up. The longest element is piping the cream into the berries and drizzling chocolate, but it’s pretty fun. It can easily be done during halftime.
- 12 strawberries
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz marshmallow cream
- 1 oz white chocolate, melted
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- In a double broiler over low heat or slowly in the microwave, melt the white chocolate. Set aside.
- Next, melt the semi-sweet chocolate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and marshmallow cream together until well blended. Add in the white chocolate and mix well.
- Cut green tops off of strawberries. Set strawberries down on their flatside, and cut an "X" down the strawberries being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place filling into a pastry bag or cut a small hole in the corner of a plastic baggy and use that as a makeshift pastry bag. Pipe filling into the strawberries.
- With a spoon or a pastry bag, drizzle strawberries with the chocolate.