This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackPackMixins #CollectiveBias
Fluffernutter Chocolate Pudding Cups: These quick and easy fluffernutter pudding cups start with ConAgra Snack Packs and end with a to-die for homemade peanut butter marshmallow frosting. So good and so cute as an easy Easter dessert!
When lunchtime rolled around in elementary school, apart from being one of the first in line for the epic battles of elimination, the best part of the 40 minutes of freedom was, by far, the anticipation of what good (and bad) things you were going to find lurking in your brown paper lunch bag (or in my case, lunch pale with dancing cats on it–I wish I was joking).
While the most disappointing lunch days usually included apples and yogurt (by the time lunch rolled around, the apples were always brown and the yogurt was always warm), all those negative lunch feelings could be wiped out if there was a fruit snack in there, or even better, a Snack Pack pudding cup. And on the days there were both? I’m pretty sure that’s the equivalent of winning the lottery to an eight year old. #jackpot
Pudding has always been my thing. Between the smooth texture, rich flavor, and Easy Open Lids (because I’m still a child and struggle to get the lids off jars and tops off portable pudding cups #thestruggleisreal), I just can’t get enough.
No, really. Practicing self-control when there is a pack of six SUPER Snack Pack pudding cups sitting in my fridge is more difficult than it was trying to coax my angry black cat, Midnight, out of his cat carrier when I brought him in for show and tell (why I thought bringing a skittish cat who also hated me to a class of 3rd graders would be a winning idea is beyond me).
While we’ve already established how addicting they are flying solo, imagine them filled with mix-ins like marshmallows, peanut butter marshmallow frosting (have you tried Peter Pan peanut butter? So good), and even an extra drizzle of melted chocolate. Not only is the taste out of this world good, it just might be one of the most adorable (and easiest) ways to jazz up your Easter festivities.
With this chocolate peanut butter play on a bird’s nest, you’ll be sure to hit a home run with these simple Easter desserts.
Now, let’s break down this recipe a bit:
Step 1: Cream 6 Tbsp of softened butter, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 2 Tbsp marshmallow fluff, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Step 2: Add in 1 – 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and about 1 Tbsp heavy cream. Beat until well combined. Melt 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments at 50% power until melted, stirring after each hit. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
Step 3: Add a layer of Easter colored marshmallows on top of each pudding cup.
Step 4: With a piping bag, pipe on a layer of frosting over each pudding cup.
Step 5: Place 3 marshmallows on the top of the frosting, and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Yields 6 Pudding Cups
20 minPrep Time
- ConAgra Snack Pack Pudding Cups (6-count)
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter (such as Peter Pan)
- 2 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Spring colored mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- With a mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and salt together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. (If after 1 cup of powdered sugar, the frosting is a thinner consistency than you like, add in the last 1/2 cup; I prefer a thick frosting, so I used the full 1 1/2 cups ).
- Add heavy cream, and beat until frosting is well combined.
- In the microwave at 50% power, melt 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each hit. Once the chocolate has melted, allow it to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- While chocolate is cooling, open each pudding cup and place a layer of marshmallows (about 5 or 6) on top of the pudding.
- Pipe on a layer of frosting over each pudding cup.
- Place 3 marshmallows on top of the frosting and drizzle with melted chocolate (either with a spoon or with a piping bag).
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!