This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyComeback #CollectiveBias
M&M’s® Crispy Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie Bars: These double chocolate bars are packed with both peanut butter chips and bite-size M&M’s® Crispy to make for an addicting cookie bar that will have you coming back for seconds.
Because college is about learning to coexist while living with too many people crammed into one on-campus apartment (and the pursuit of higher education), colds were far too common an occurrence and the 24-hour pharmacy was a life saver. It certainly didn’t hurt that the rack of chocolate, M&M’s® to be exact, was situated right by the check-out counter, giving me absolutely no choice but to take a few for the road. 🙂
The truth was, there really wasn’t a time you couldn’t find a jar of M&M’s® on the counter in our apartment. It was the best late-night-cramming-for-finals snack you could ever have. When I got the opportunity to try out the comeback kids, M&M’s® Crispy, as the once discontinued flavor is now back due to popular demand, I was all about it. Allll about it.
As a self-proclaimed M&M’s® connoisseur, I have tried just about every flavor. They’re just so addicting–in the best way possible. So, I could not wait to get my hands on this version (somehow I missed these crispy bites of goodness back in the day), especially because the individual packs are only 180 calories per serving. Can I get an amen on that note?
I found these bad boys at CVS, and I kid you not, the crispy section was almost sold out. But I was able to snag a few big and small bags in order to get to work on these to-die for double chocolate peanut butter chip cookie bars. Between the dark chocolate cookie, the peanut butter chips, and the M&M’s® Crispy, it’s about as close to chocolate heaven as you can get.
You might want milk for this one.
These double chocolate cookie bars are a cinch to make, and are a huge crowd pleaser. Plus, the recipe can easily be doubled if you are making them for a large get together.
Now, let’s break these bars down a bit:
Step 1: For this recipe, begin by creaming the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, dark chocolate cocoa powder, salt, and espresso powder (optional). Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
Step 3: Add in M&M’s® Crispy, peanut butter chips, and semi-sweet chips. Stir until combined. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, just to make the dough easier to work with.
Step 4: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While dough is chilling, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Once mixed together, press into a non-stick foil-lined 8×8 pan in an even layer.
Step 5: Press dough in an even layer over graham cracker crumbs, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is set. Because I like mine a little gooey, I pulled the bars out at exactly 25 minutes 🙂
Top with any remaining M&M’s® Crispy and allow to cool!
In the words of Ina Garten, “How easy is that?”
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (regular unsweetened cocoa powder is fine as well)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional--the espresso enhances the chocolate flavor)
- 1/3 cup M&M’s® Crispy
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full sheets of graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- About 1/4 cup M&M’s® Crispy
- With a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Once combined, slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Add in M&M’s® Crispy, peanut butter chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix. Once combined, chill dough in refrigerator for about 20 minutes (this makes the dough easier to work with).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick foil with enough overhang on the sides.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Press in an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge, and press into the pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the bars are set (slightly firm to the touch). Because I like my bars a bit on the gooey side, I baked mine for 25 minutes exactly.
- While the bars are cooling, press M&M’s® Crispy into the dough for a nice finishing touch.
- Once the bars have cooled (for best results, allow to cool at least 30 minutes), lift the foil from the pan and cut into squares.
If you liked these, I think you’ll like these too! 🙂