Peach Pie Scones with a Vanilla Glaze: These peaches ‘n cream scones taste just like homemade peach pie!
They’re pretty much summer in a scone. I’m telling you, one of these + iced coffee = summer overload–and it’s not even summer yet! Could it get any better?
Yes, yes it could. If you wanted to go completely over-the-top and indulge, top it with some strawberry ice cream. With all the fruit floating around between the two, you could totally get away with it for breakfast.
Can I get an amen?
For those of you who are new around these parts, I have a real thing for scones. I’m partial to their texture, sweetness, and overall taste. It’s probably because I’m a biscuit person (I would do just about anything for a biscuit and jam), but that’s a story for another day.
Now, I know scones have a reputation for being notoriously dry, and often have a small resemblance to sand, which is not an appealing characteristic. Even though I love scones (perhaps more than most people), dry scones are not my cup of tea. In fact, they should be drenched in tea in order to be palatable.
So, rest assured, these peach pie scones are anything but dry. They’re packed with sour cream and heavy cream to make them plenty light and fluffy, and uber moist (I apologize to any of you who hate that word, but there really isn’t any adjective better fitting).
You’re going to love these!
Yields 6-8 Scones
Peach Pie Scones with a Vanilla Glaze: These peaches 'n cream scones taste just like homemade peach pie!
15 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
31 minTotal Time
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and cold
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Once combined, cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk together heavy cream, sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the peaches, and mix until just combined.
- On a well-floured surface, turn out the scone dough and pat into a small disk that's about a 1/2" thick. Cut into 6-8 slices, and transfer to the baking sheet. Brush each scone with just a bit of heavy cream.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or just until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp of heavy cream. If the glaze is too thick, continue adding in heavy cream, one 1 Tbsp at a time, until it has reached the desired consistency. Pour over warm scones and enjoy!
Here are some of my favorite products:
Check out my other favorite scone recipes: