Disclaimer: This is probably one of the healthiest things you will ever see on my blog. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good healthy meal as much as the next person, but sometimes those things are not nearly as fun to make and post on this blog. But this? This was fun to make. And eat.
This is peanut butter honey banana bread. It’s packed with protein, mostly oats, and honey instead of sugar. So, really, this is easily something you can eat again and again without the guilt. It’s a guilt-free treat. And I like it. I like it a lot.
Now, of course this all a matter of opinion, but I don’t feel like this tastes like something overtly healthy. It’s covertly healthy. See what I did there?
Anyway, it’s just delicious. You won’t regret making or eating it.
Peanut Butter Honey Banana Bread
- Recipe: Makes 9 mini loaves, 2 small loaves, or 1 medium loaf
- 1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 c plus 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 c oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 large bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix oil and 1/4 c of peanut butter together until smooth. Next, add in 1/2 c of honey and stir. Lastly, add in the egg.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas. Next, add in 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 2 Tbsp honey, and 1 tsp vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just incorporated. Next, add in the banana mixture. Once all ingredients are combined, pour into greased pans.
- For mini loaves, it takes about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. For small loaves, about 40 minutes. For a medium loaf, about 50-55 minutes.