White Chocolate Puppy Chow: This salty and sweet puppy chow is incredibly addicting and oh-so-delicious.
Guys, I’m going to let you in a little secret: Amy Grant’s Christmas CDs are gold. They’ve been a Christmas CD staple in my family since before I was born. And ever since hearing her Tennessee Christmas single, I’ve been dreaming of a “tender Tennessee Christmas” full of white snow, southern biscuits, and a quintessential small-town Christmas.
Since I live nowhere near Tennessee (or snow for that matter except that one freak snowstorm that happened when I was in the 8th grade), my glorious white Christmas comes in the form of addicting, incredibly amazing, salty and sweet white chocolate puppy chow.
O. M. G.
It’s no snowy white Christmas morning with a fire in the fireplace, buuut it’s a close second. This stuff is from heaven.
Like days when you could eat the same thing over and over and over again without getting tired of it? And then, suddenly, one morning you wake up and you just don’t want it anymore?
That is the story of my life. And when it comes to white chocolate, my taste preferences have been a roller coaster ride. I’ve loved it, hated it, been indifferent, and now have now re-acquired my taste for it. I mean, if I had to pick a chocolate to go with me to a desert island, dark chocolate would win, hands down. But, white chocolate is no slouch either, especially when paired with the right things, like Chex cereal, salty pretzels, milk chocolate m&ms, and salty peanuts.
A match made in heaven. For reals.
The recipe begins by melting down white chocolate with a bit of vegetable oil. Once it’s melted, mix the chocolate with pretzels, Chex cereal (Rice or Corn), peanuts, and mini m&ms (I went festive, but feel free to use any color).
Once the cereal is coated, dump it into a Ziplock baggy with powdered sugar. Shake it (just like that one hit wonder from Metro Station–p.s., did you know that was Miley Cyrus’s big brother’s band?! So much explained…) and you are done.
If you want these recipes sent directly to your inbox, feel free to sign up for email updates at the top of the page! I LOVE staying in touch, so you can join me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Insta too! 🙂
- 8 oz pure white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups Chex Cereal (Rice or Corn)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave or over a double broiler, melt white chocolate and vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together Chex cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and 1/4 cup of mini m&ms.
- Pour melted white chocolate over the cereal, and stir carefully until coated.
- Pour powdered sugar in a Ziplock baggy, pour cereal mixture in as well, zip it up, and shake.
- Once the powdered sugar is mixed into the cereal, pour it into a bowl, and sprinkle the remaining m&ms on top (this way there's pretty red and green colors throughout).
Make this. You won’t regret it.
Check out my other puppy chow recipes: