Vanilla Almond Cupcakes: These classic vanilla almond cupcakes are rich, decadent, and so delicious. Soft and dense and topped with the fluffiest frosting, these cupcakes are what dreams are made of.
Today, I bring you a heavenly cupcake.
No, really. It’s a white cupcake with white frosting and packed with almond and vanilla flavoring.
It’s practically angelic.
Not to say rich, chocolatey desserts are not amazing, but sometimes you just need a classic flavor.
Plus, it’s the perfect cupcake for a bridal shower, which is the reason why I made these vanilla^2 cups of cake.
One of my closest friends is getting married in November, and the maid of honor (and us bridesmaids) threw her a wedding shower. It was such a fun afternoon getting to celebrate her and her upcoming wedding day. She was glowing, and we were all so incredibly thrilled and excited to be apart of her beautiful new season of life!
I am a huge cupcake person. I’m definitely a dessert person in general (in case you haven’t noticed my baking obsession), but I am incredibly partial to cupcakes. I wouldn’t call them as a whole hands-down-my-favorite-dessert, but I have a real soft spot for them.
They were my favorite pick-me-up back in college. I know I’ve talked about Dots multiple times, but I can’t sing their cupcake praises enough. From Vanilla Passionfruit to Fleur de Sel to Hazelnut Crunch, their cupcakes are straight up sugar-coma heaven.
With all of the sugar I consume already, my jeans are thanking me that I don’t live 20 minutes away from Dots anymore 🙂
I would absolutely love to keep in touch with all of you! If you’d like these recipes sent directly to your email, please sign up for email updates (link at the top right side of the page, underneath the “meet me” section, or if on a mobile device, keep scrolling down past the post 🙂 )
Yields 12 cupcakes
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 c butter, softened to room temp
- 3-4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c heavy cream, half-and-half, or whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt to offset sweetness
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two 12-cup muffin tins (this recipe makes about 24 cupcakes).
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add in sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and Greek yogurt.
- Alternately add dry and wet ingredients into the creamed butter mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Beat egg white until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold egg whites into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into lined muffin pans, and bake for 16-17 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- For the frosting, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, a cup at a time starting with only 3 cups. Add in heavy cream, vanilla extract, almond extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until light and fluffy, about a minute.
- If the frosting is too thin, add in the other cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 a cup at a time. If it's too thick, add in more heavy cream, a Tbsp at a time.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, pipe the frosting on.
Check out my other cupcake recipes!