This post has been sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
This easy grilled cheese is filled with mozzarella, pesto, and tomatoes, making it classic comfort food. All the ingredients of caprese are sandwiched between two slices of San Luis Sourdough® bread!
Grilled Cheese and Cereal.
Though it might seem like one of the most bizarre pairings, it oddly works. When you walk into the cafe, it somehow just makes sense, as if it is the most natural thing in the world to serve grilled cheese and cereal at the same establishment.
It’s weird and perfect all at the same time.
Oh, and the cafe is right next door to this understated used bookstore where they still do everything by hand. How poetic is that?
Between the cafe, bookstore, and quaint coffee shop on the corner, that street is pretty much Heaven on earth for me.
On Friday, I shared with you a breakfast sammy that has the potential to make all of your dreams come true.
With the same amazing, slow-baked San Luis Sourdough® bread, I’m bringing you a comfort food like no other:
Caprese Grilled Cheese.
And takes about 10-seconds longer to make than an original grilled cheese.
I’m a big fan of sourdough for grilled sandwiches. It’s sturdy, gives the sandwich texture, and adds a unique flavor to the sandwich.
San Luis Sourdough® bread was the perfect choice for this sandwich, as it has the authentic sourdough taste sourdough should have, is free of preservatives, and is Non-GMO Project Verified.*
This bread wins.
- 4 slices San Luis Sourdough® bread
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 5-8 large tomato slices depending upon the size of your tomato
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- On each slice of bread, spread 1/2 Tbsp of butter, making sure the whole piece of bread is covered evenly. Flip the bread over so that the buttered side is facing down.
- On two slices of bread, spread 1 Tbsp of basil pesto on each.
- On the two remaining slices of bread, sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella on each. Place slices of tomatoes on top of cheese, and top with the bread with pesto.
- On a greased and preheated skillet over medium heat, cook each side of the sandwich about 2-3 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.