This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible! #LegendaryTailgate#CollectiveBias
This cheesy barbecue chicken dip recipe is the perfect easy appetizer to bring to any tailgating party!
The reason why I love football season?
I don’t know much about football (which is code for I don’t know anything about football), but you can bet that I will be at every single football party as long as food is involved. #priorities
If you can’t find me, just look for me at the food table. I’ll be the one with the cheesy grin and a plate full of this dip.
The two things that make this dip what it is: Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken and Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite B-B-Q Sauce.
My brother-in-law introduced me to Stubb’s a couple years back, and let me tell you, it’s every bit as legendary as the bottle says it is. Gluten-free and free of any artificial preservatives, colors, or sweeteners, this is the Texas flavor we all need in our lives (I’m just looking out for you ?). The secret ingredient, according to C.B. Stubble field, aka ‘Stubb’s’–“Love and Happiness.” Word.
And before we get down to the specifics of this dip, I’m going to tell you 3 reasons why this dip is awesome:
1. The whole thing can be done on the grill–from start to finish. In my world (and also because I live in California where it’s sunny 364 days of the year) grilling is still a thing in the fall! But, you can totally grill this chicken on your stove if you live in an area where fall weather exists! ?
2. It only has 6 ingredients.
3. It tastes amazing!
This easy appetizer dip begins with grilling Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken Thighs (boneless and skinless), which, by the way, are 100% natural, with Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite B-B-Q Sauce.
Once it’s cooked through, use two forks to shred the chicken. While the chicken is still warm, mix it with all other ingredients, and pour into an oven or grill-safe dish. Sprinkle with cheese and allow to broil (either in the oven, or if you’re tailgating outside, on the grill) for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Then? Eat ’til your heart’s content.
Cheesy barbecue chicken glory right there.
- 1 pound Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken Thighs boneless and skinless (about 3-4 thighs)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Stubb's Smokey Mesquite B-B-Q Sauce divided
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese I used Colby Jack, but any kind is fine
- 1-2 tsp seasoned salt depending upon how much of a kick you like in your dip
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chips crackers, or bread for serving
- green onions
- green chiles
- extra Stubb's B-B-Q Sauce
- Prepare chicken thighs by brushing each thigh with barbecue sauce, about 2 Tbsp per thigh, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Once your grill has been heated (roughly 450 degrees), cook chicken until it has been cooked through (165 degrees), about 5-6 minutes per side (if cooking inside on a grill top, cook chicken over med-high heat).
- Pull chicken off of the grill, and allow to rest 3-4 minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks, then in a large bowl, mix chicken with cream cheese, sour cream, seasoned salt, remaining 2 Tbsp of barbecue sauce, and 3/4 cup of shredded cheese together. The heat from the chicken will help warm up all ingredients.
- Once combined, spread dip in an oven-safe or grill-safe bowl. Top with remaining 1 and 1/4 cups of cheese. In the oven, broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. If cooking on the grill, place dip inside the hot barbecue, covered, broiling for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or bread. Top with extra barbecue sauce, green onions, or green chiles, if desired.