This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GreatGrainsGreatStart #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
These easy Cranberry Pecan Cinnamon Rolls with a cinnamon vanilla glaze are the perfect fall breakfast! They come together quickly, making them a 1-hour cinnamon roll recipe, and are full of sweet fall flavors, like cranberries, pecans, and cinnamon! Post Cereals’ Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan and Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch give these homemade cinnamon rolls incredible flavor and extra crunch!
There are few things better in life than a cinnamon roll.
There are also few things better in life than the smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven.
The smell of fresh cinnamon rolls puts all candles to shame (and, obviously, are far superior due to the fact they’re also edible). Plus, cinnamon rolls are far prettier to look at.
As if you needed any more encouragement to whip a batch of these together, but let me just tell you, the addition of Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan and Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch both inside of these rolls and on top take these easy cinnamon rolls to a whole new level.
Cranberry Pecan Cinnamon Rolls make mornings so much sweeter.
Homemade cinnamon rolls used to be extremely intimidating. Yeast and I have never been all that great of friends, and the whole waiting-for-the-dough-to-rise process can test my patience (especially if the yeast wasn’t activated properly and you managed to kill it, which you didn’t realize until halfway through the process).
It gets better though!
Rapid-rise yeast is a game changer, and it works like a charm. It cuts down the rising time by more than half, and the yeast can be directly added into the dry ingredients (instead of having to activate it first with hot water).
Who knew that homemade cinnamon rolls (1-hour cinnamon rolls, in fact) could be SO simple with just a few ingredients??
On top of it, Great Grains® cereals are made with wholesome flavors that can satisfy everyone!
Between the sweet cranberries and almonds of Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch and the crunchy pecans and whole grain wheat of Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan, these cereals totally jazz up the flavor of these sweet rolls. You could definitely use Great Grains® Banana Nut Crunch as well, as combination of dried bananas and crunchy, nutty walnuts and almonds would be perfect in the cinnamon roll filling.
All of Great Grains cereals are incredibly versatile, incredibly delicious (they’ve been a personal favorite of mine since I was in elementary school! Seriously), and add so much flavor and texture to recipes.
Lastly, please don’t be intimidated by this recipe! It truly is a simple recipe with just a few ingredients.
In the recipe, while it might seem like a longer list of ingredients, I have broken the ingredients down into each step, so most of the ingredients listed are being used twice.
Where are my breakfast lovers at??
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour + 1/4 cup all purpose flour (for sprinkling)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package rapid-rise yeast
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch
- 1/4 cup Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan
- Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch
- Mix milk, water, and butter together in a microwave-safe dish. Heat the wet ingredients for about 30 seconds, until the butter has melted and the milk and water are warm (roughly, about 110 degrees Fahrenheit). Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour (3 1/2 cups), salt, sugar, and rapid-rise yeast together. Add in the wet ingredients, and the egg.
- Knead dough, by hand (on a floured surface) or with a standing mixture (using the dough hook attachment), for about 2-3 minutes, or until the dough 'springs' back when touched and is no longer sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface (use the remaining 1/4 cup of flour here), form into a ball, and allow the dough to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, roll the dough into a rectangle, about 15x9 in size. Evenly spread softened butter over the dough, and evenly sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the butter. Next, sprinkle both Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch and Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan on top.
- Roll the dough up tightly, and slice into 14 rolls.
- I used two 9" cake pans, covered in non-stick foil. Place 7 rolls in each pan, leaving a little space between each (6 on the edges, 1 in the center).
- Cover the pans with a damp towel or paper towel, and allow to rise a warm place, for 20-25 minutes.*
- Once the rolls have risen, preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together. Drizzle over the rolls and top with Great Grains® Cranberry Almond Crunch and Great Grains® Crunchy Pecan, if desired.
**If you do not have a warm spot in your house, preheat the oven to 175 degrees, turn it off, then allow the dough to rise in there. Make sure to cover the dough with a lightly damp towel.
Lastly, be sure to head over to pinterest for more recipe inspiration!