This homemade quiche recipe is for Hash Brown Crusted Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Cups.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #YouPAMDoIt #PAMInControl #CollectiveBias
These mini broccoli and cheddar quiche cups use hash browns for the crust instead of pastry dough, which is a fun and unique twist on the classic quiche recipe! Plus, the hash browns are golden brown, crispy, and make these mini quiche cups irresistible!
We finally got our first rain of the season, and considering how few and far between the rainy days are here, it’s cause for celebration!
I realize some of you are digging your way out of your third snowstorm, so my rainy-day-celebration might seem a bit trivial, but…it is kind of a big deal (and it’s probably going to be 80+ degrees next week so I’ve got to revel in this). 😉
Since rainy days are pretty unusual (as sad as that is), I find I have a really difficult time doing anything other than sitting under a blanket with a cup of coffee in one hand and the remote in another.
And while I’m not going to disclose whether or not the latter statement actually happened, I will say that rainy days are also the perfect time to get in the kitchen and whip up some hearty, cold-day, comfort food classics.
Like these Hash Brown Crusted Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Cups.
I’m pretty crazy about breakfast, mostly because breakfast food sounds amazing all of the time.
Eggs? Double Check.
Hash Browns? Check Check.
Ohh, and don’t even get me started on the bacon, sausage, waffle, or cinnamon roll side of things.
And, on top of it all, you can combine some of the foods into other foods, like eggs into quiche and hash browns into crusts for quiche.
See what I mean? Breakfast food is just plain awesome.
While I’m not picky when it comes to breakfast foods, quiche is definitely one of my favorite breakfast options. It’s light and fluffy, and more often than not, mixed with different veggies and/or meats, and the combination is perfect.
For me, what makes these Hash Brown Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Cups even more perfect is the fact that they have a hash brown crust instead of a traditional pastry crust (in case you missed that in the title 😉).
I am a huge potato person, so I love potatoes in my quiche; however, sometimes the combination of pastry crust and potatoes can be a little bit on the heavy side, and if I had to pick one or the other, potatoes win. Hands down.
Plus, thanks to my favorite new kitchen sidekick, New PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil, this potato crust is Crispy, with a capital C (which, in my opinion, is just how hash browns should be 😉 ).
Okay, so how is this PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil different from other products? Let’s gab about it! Because it’s kind of my favorite new kitchen secret.
First of all, let’s talk about the finer points of PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil, and then I’ll tell you just how I used it for this recipe (and why it’s totally necessary!).
PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil is propellant-free and non-aerosol, which means you have more control over your spray coverage. In comparison to butter or other oils, with PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil you have far more control over how much you use, which can help you manage how much added fat or calories are being added to your meal.
PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil is free of artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives, so you know exactly what you are putting into your meals. Lastly, while it does add flavor to your dish, it has superior non-stick cooking capabilities as well, as it is not just oil in a spray bottle, but rather cooking spray with superior performance (which is what PAM is known for).
Oh, and one last thing! The bottle is transparent so you can see when it’s getting low so you can add it onto your grocery list!
For these mini quiche cups, I used PAM Spray Pump Olive Oil two ways and for two reasons:
1. To spray the inside of each muffin cup to keep the Hash Brown Crusted Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Cups from sticking.
2. To add flavor and that golden brown hue to the hash browns by giving each hash brown crusted muffin cup a quick spray before adding in the quiche filling. The spray allows for just the right amount of oil, giving you control over how much is going into each hash brown cup!
The hash browns came out flavorful and crispy, while also popping out of the muffin tin easily!
Hash Brown Crusted Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Cups are pretty much the bees knees.
- 1 20oz package hash browns (I used the fresh kind found in the refrigerator section near the eggs)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli, fresh
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp salt (you can seasoned salt if you want an added kick)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground black pepper (I used 1/2 tsp, since I love pepper, but feel free to use 1/4 tsp)
- other veggies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Using your PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil, spray 1-2 pumps into each muffin cup of your 12-cup muffin tin (or two 6-cup muffin tins).
- In a bowl, mix hash browns, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, and black pepper together.
- Place about 2 Tbsp, give or take, of the hash brown mixture into each muffin cup. Using your hands or a Tbsp measuring spoon (as pictured above), press/form the mixture into the shape of a crust (up the sides of the muffin tin as well).
- Give each muffin cup one final spray of PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil (this adds a bit of extra flavor).
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Once the crust is done, reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together. Set aside.
- In each hash brown cup, add a few pieces of broccoli and a little bit of cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top, filling each cup 3/4 of the way full (the eggs will puff while baking).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until quiche have puffed up and are no longer wet.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the pan.
PAM® has always been my go-to kitchen tool, as it has been for many other consumers, and this New PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil is no exception! It is my new favorite kitchen sidekick!
So, what you will you make with PAM® Spray Pump Olive Oil??