This homemade Iced Peach Green Tea is naturally sweetened, making it the perfect drink for summer! Only 4-ingredients stand between you and this pretty little homemade iced tea!
Iced tea has become my latest obsession. Of course, iced coffee will forever and always be at the top of my obsession list (the love runs deep), but iced tea has been steadily climbing the charts.
When I was younger, iced tea didn’t even exist in my vocabulary. It was a foreign word for a weird, dark substance only adults could possibly like.
Well, I guess the fact that I’ve been all about tea lately solidifies my fate as an adult. Soon I’ll be drinking my coffee black and saying things like, “Back in my day…” and “whippersnapper.”
Let’s hope there’s still plenty of time before it comes to that.
Regardless of the fact my love of iced tea reminds just how old I actually I am, this Naturally Sweetened Iced Peach Green Tea is ah-mazing.
Now, while I will be the first to admit I love a good sweet tea, I’m pretty stoked about the fact this is sweetened only with honey (or maple syrup, if you prefer).
I’m still not a huge fan of unsweetened tea (I guess there’s still some kid left in me), so I do truly love that this homemade iced tea recipe is free from refined sugar.
This tea begins with a simple syrup of a 1:1 ratio of water and honey (or maple syrup). The honey dissolves into the water, thickens up, and is the sweetening agent for the tea.
The second sweetening agent is the peach puree. I use fresh peaches here (I’m sure canned or frozen would be fine as well), and it is super important to make sure you use really flavorful, sweet fresh peaches.
The sweeter the peach, the more flavorful your tea will be (high fives all around!).
Additionally, the green tea needs to steep for at least an hour. Green tea can be a little more subtle in flavor, so it does need to steep for a significant amount of time.
Garnish the tea with some fresh peach slices, a little lemon, and/or mint leaves.
A Latte Food
Yields 8 Glasses
This naturally sweetened Iced Peach Green Tea is the perfect drink for summer! Only 4-ingredients stand between you and this pretty little homemade iced tea!
4 hr, 30 Prep Time
1 hrCook Time
5 hr, 30 Total Time
- 5 Green Tea bags
- 5 cups of water
- 2 large peaches (or 3 medium sized ones), peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- Add water and honey to a small saucepan and heat over med-low heat, stirring constantly. Pull off the heat once the honey has dissolved and allow to cool.
- Heat 3 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, take off the heat and add the tea bags to the water. Allow to steep for at least 1 hour.
- Once the tea has steeped, puree the peaches and 1 cup of water together.
- Strain the peach puree mixture through a fine mesh strainer in order to remove any extra pulp.
- In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, tea peach puree, and remaining 1 cup of water. Stir until combined.
- Add in sliced peaches, lemon wedges, and/or mint, if desired.
- Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or serve with ice.
This post first appeared on Julie’s Eats and Treats where I am a contributor.
Here are some other drink recipes you might love: