These strawberry sandwich cookies are filled with sweet marshmallow cream cheese frosting! These easy cake mix strawberry cookies are only 3-ingredients, and the frosting is only 2-ingredients! You can’t beat these pretty strawberries and cream sandwich cookies for a Valentine’s Day dessert or spring dessert! Plus, a step-by-step video below!
If there’s one commercialized holiday I can get behind, it’s one that’s colored in all things pink and red. I’m a sucker for all those Valentine’s Day decorations all of the stores assault you with at the front of the store.
It’s not like I’m planning on throwing a Valentine’s party or anything, but with the amount of cupcake liners, sprinkles, and napkins I bought in the last two weeks, you’d think I was having, like, 75 people over or something.
It’s ridiculous, and I’m a sucker.
Home Goods & Marshalls: 1 | Michelle: 0
Well, at least I used some of the hundreds of sprinkles I bought in these strawberries and cream sandwich cookies. Progress, guys. I’m making progress. It was a proud moment.
Cake mix cookies are a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that they’re so easy, and that they taste amazing. The curse is that they’re so easy, and that they taste amazing.
For instance, these cookies, use only 3-ingredients, and the frosting is only 2-ingredients. In fact, these pretty strawberries and cream sandwich cookies come together in under an hour (if you move really quickly, they can be done in less than 40 minutes).
If you’re struggling for a last minute Valentine’s Day dessert, these might be your answer to prayer. 🙂
Pretty and low-maintenance–how can you resist?
Have you ever made cake mix cookies before?
Back in college, I used to make Funfetti cookies allllll of the time. Our apartment was pretty known for having baked goods available at any given time, and cake mix cookies were kind of a staple.
Whenever Target was having a major sale on cake mixes, we (me and my roomies) would always stock up, like, to the extent you’d think winter was on its way or something.
While I will forever be partial to Funfetti cake mix cookies (I can’t resist those sprinkles), these strawberry cake mix cookies might actually be my favorite cake mix cookies of all time. Add in this marshmallowy cream cheese frosting and there is no way I can resist a batch of these cookies.
Pretty in Pink.
Yields 12 Strawberries and Cream Sandwich Cookies
These strawberry sandwich cookies are filled with sweet marshmallow cream cheese frosting! These easy cake mix strawberry cookies are only 3-ingredients, and the frosting is only 2-ingredients! You can't beat these pretty strawberries and cream sandwich cookies for a Valentine's Day dessert or spring dessert! Plus, a step-by-step video below!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together strawberry cake mix, eggs, and melted butter until combined (batter will be thick).
- Using a 1" cookie scoop, shape dough into balls and place on cookie sheet, about 2" apart. The batter will make 24 cookies.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until well combined.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag or plastic bag, and pipe the frosting onto 12 of the cookies. Add sprinkles, and top with remaining cookies.
- If there are any leftovers, I would suggest refrigerating the cookie sandwiches because of the cream cheese filling.
Here are some other pretty in pink recipes: