This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayTreatMaking #CollectiveBias
These easy homemade White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats are such a fun treat for the holiday season! The classic Rice Krispies® Treat recipe is given a holiday twist with the addition of peppermint and white chocolate, and are cutout in the shape of snowflakes!
When I was younger, there wasn’t anything like a homemade Rice Krispies® Treat. Still to this day, there is nothing more comforting than a gooey, marshmallow treat. It brings me back to childhood, reminding me of a simpler time. A time where nothing was more important than snagging the four-square court at recess, or being the first in line for donut day (had to get those maple bars before they sold out, right??) at the cafeteria.
While things aren’t quite as simple now, homemade Rice Krispies® Treats remind me of the simple joys in life. In this hectic season, it is all too easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. However, taking the time to enjoy the magic of the season (which for me includes baking all of my favorite treats) can help me slow down and enjoy each and every day of this season.
These adorable snowflakes-shaped White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies® Treats are the perfect way to sit down, relax, and reflect on the holidays. Not only is this recipe super simple, it’s also super fun! I mean, how can you look at these festive treats and not smile? I dare you.
Around the holiday season when I was younger, my mom, sister, and I baked a lot. It was a fun, special tradition I always look forward to during the season. We would whip out the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® or the sugar cookie ingredients, turn on our favorite Christmas CD (Amy Grant of course), and spend some quality time together baking up a storm.
Homemade Rice Krispies® Treats are a cinch to make, which is why they are so convenient for this time of year. Honestly, who doesn’t love something filled with sweet, gooey marshmallows? It’s the quintessential comfort food.
The traditional Rice Krispies® Treats recipe is only 3-ingredients: Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®, butter, and marshmallows. I gave these a seasonal spin by adding a bit of peppermint extract to the batter, dipping them in white chocolate, and topping them with crushed peppermint and sprinkles.
You all know how much I obsess over cute food so the fact they’re shaped like snowflakes shouldn’t surprise in the least.Cuteness overload.
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
- 1 10oz bag Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 12 oz baking white chocolate, or white almond bark
- crushed peppermints, for sprinkling
- sprinkles, for sprinkling
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with foil.
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Add in marshmallows and peppermint extract. Stir marshmallows over low heat until melted.
- Add in 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press in an even layer (a quick tip--if your hands are slightly damp, the Rice Krispies® Treats won't stick to your hands when pressing them in the baking dish).
- Allow the Rice Krispies® Treats to set, about 8-10 minutes. Dip a snowflake cookie cutter (or any cookie cutter you want) in water and cut out your shapes.
- Place the shaped Rice Krispies® Treats on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips (or almond bark) in the microwave in 30-second increments on 50% power, stirring after each hit. Once melted, dip half of each Rice Krispies® Treat in the melted white chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint and sprinkles.