This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com
This four ingredient peppermint hot chocolate recipe is thick, creamy, and dairy-free when made with Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend!
Do you remember that Friends episode where Monica takes on a freelance position to use mockolate (the synthetic chocolate substitute) in a bunch of different recipes? And she tries to make “hot mockolate,” which, obviously, does not go well?
Yeah, this hot chocolate is nothing like that (because it’s made with real chocolate and tastes like good tidings of great joy), I just really love that episode (mainly for this scene–brilliant song, hilarious outcome).
There are two things that I love about this hot chocolate:
1. It’s peppermint hot chocolate (honestly, peppermint mixed with chocolate is the key to my heart).
2. Aaand, it’s only 4-ingredients.
Considering it also only takes less than 10 minutes to put this together, you really don’t have any excuse not to make this…
- 3 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar depending upon how sweet you like it
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract a little goes a long way
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Peppermints
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm Cashewmilk until it just begins to simmer, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pull milk off of the heat, add in chocolate, and whisk until the chocolate has melted. Add in sugar and peppermint extract, mixing until combined.
- Place hot chocolate back on the stove, and reheat over medium-low heat until warm, whisking continuously (about 1 minute or so).
- Serve immediately.