This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
This easy apple spice bundt cake recipe is the perfect dessert! Filled with both shredded and chopped apples, this cake is full of sweet apple flavor! The vanilla glaze is the cherry-on-top, making this easy apple cake a family favorite!
For the last couple of weeks, we’ve been battling 90+ degree temperatures despite the fact it’s the middle of November. Nothing says “Seasons Greetings” like wearing a sundress and flip flops, because even thinking about wearing a sweater makes you break out into a sweat.
So, the ankle boots, sweaters, and scarves have all been relegated to the back of the closet along with my other fall hopes and dreams (like using a blanket or wearing socks). It’s not been great. Here’s to hoping that winter brings with it an onslaught of freezing temperatures. Or, at least temperatures below 80 (I’m a realist).
While it might feel like summer outside, I’ve been semi-successfully trying to create a fall/winter atmosphere inside. From brewing seasonally appropriate flavored coffee to all the seasonal scents you could imagine to baking all the apple desserts (like these Apple Pecan Donuts, Apple Pie Muffin Twists, and Apple Spice Candied Nuts), I’ve been desperately trying to make it a full on winter wonderland inside the house.
This cake definitely brought us one step closer to said winter wonderland. Apples. Spices. Cake. Enough said.
Obviously, I’m a big fan of cake. It might be the perfect dessert, but I can’t quite commit 100% to that idea just yet. However, it is pretty near perfect, especially when baked in a bundt pan. Not only can I run the My Big Fat Greek Wedding quote into the ground, it’s also the easiest way to bake a cake from start to finish. A simple, yet stunning dessert for any party!
This apple spice bundt cake is based off of one of my favorite seasonal candles, GladeⓇ Apple Cinnamon scented candle. Between the fragrance of this candle and the fragrance of the cake, no one is ever going to want to leave your home (you can decide how you feel about that later), as it helps evoke warm, seasonal feelings and emotions.
When it comes to entertaining during the holidays, I find it incredibly important to make things as easy as possible on myself. As a perfectionist and pinterest-enthusiast, it can be all too easy to get caught up in trying to make a magazine-worthy party. Ultimately, that’s not what the season is about, and that can also lead to feelings of stress.
For me, the key to entertaining is making sure everyone feels at home when walking into your house. In my experience, that begins with creating a warm atmosphere filled with love and joy, which is reflected in many sensory ways. Nothing reminds me of the holidays more than the fragrance of apple cinnamon, warm vanilla, or something slightly woodsy. Filling your home with any winter scents is truly a simple way to create a homey atmosphere.
GladeⓇ has 4 limited edition holiday scents that can easily create feelings of good tidings of great joy:
Happy Glow™ – Apple Cinnamon Scent
Shimmering Wonder™ – Plum Blossom Scent
Timeless Joy™ – Woodland Spruce Scent
Merry Fun™ – Vanilla Scent
These scents come in various product forms, but the two main ways I love utilizing GladeⓇ products are in the form of GladeⓇ 3.4 oz Small Jar Candle and GladeⓇ Wax Melt 6 ct. Refills. They bring surprising bursts of joy perfect for all entertaining!
Apple Spice is everything.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt, or sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apple
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and baking soda together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add eggs, and stir until combined (batter will be dry).
- Add in canola oil, and stir until combined.
- Add in yogurt, vanilla extract, orange zest, and orange juice; stir until combined.
- Fold in chopped and shredded apples.
- Spread the batter evenly in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean (mine baked for exactly 59 minutes).
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the bundt pan and allow to finish cooling.
- Whisk powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and 3 Tbsp heavy cream (or milk) together. If the glaze is too thick, add in the remaining 1 Tbsp of cream (or milk).
- Pour the glaze evenly over the cake.
- Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.