These sugared almonds, cashews, and pecans are filled with sweet apple spice and brown sugar flavor! The perfect holiday party snack!
By now, many of you know how much I adore the holidays! November marks the start of my favorite time of year, as for me, it is the unofficial start of the holidays. How is it that a month has already passed by and it’s now December?
The days leading up to Christmas are just as special to me as are the actual event itself. The anticipation, preparation, and fun activities in between make the season entirely magical.
From the parties to the music to the movies to the festive snacks (like these mixed nuts!)–I love it all!
For me, no party is complete without a bowl of Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts. Back in the day, there wasn’t a Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve party at my grandparents where a bowl of mixed nuts was not present.
Of course, back then, I was far more interested in the chocolate chips that were mixed in with the nuts, but, with time, the nuts started to grow on me. Considering Planters has been America’s go-to for over 100 years, it’s no wonder I’ve grown to be a huge fan!
While I love Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts straight out of the container, during the holidays, I love being able to add a festive flair to them, which in this case is apple spice. These are such a fun and simple way to spice up any holiday party! Entertaining made easy.
These are a must-have for any upcoming party!
- 3 Cups Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine apple cider, brown sugar, granulated sugar,
- cinnamon, and allspice. Stir until all sugar and spices have dissolved completely.
- Add in mixed nuts, making sure all nuts are coated with the sugar mixture.
- Once coated, stir constantly for about 9-10 minutes, or until there is no more liquid in the
- Pour nuts onto a sheet of parchment paper to cool (make sure they are flat and in a single layer
- otherwise the nuts will stick to each other).
(All pictures shown contain multiple servings of mixed nuts, as a single serving is only 1/2 oz)
If you are interested in more news about Planters and Mr. Peanut himself, feel free to check out Planters.com, Facebook, and Twitter!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.