This easy Greek pita sandwich recipe is made with Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, a tangy lemon Greek yogurt sauce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese. A simple weeknight dinner recipe!
Between weddings, holidays, and other events, the year is getting back into full swing. Kids are back in school, the days are getting shorter, and the end of summer is near. Granted, I love the fall, so I’m happy to see the arrival of cooler weather (we hope), warm drinks, and fuzzy socks, but, the busyness of the season can definitely make dinners difficult.
As much as I love to cook, I live for easy dinner recipes, and these Greek pita sandwiches totally fit the bill. They come together in just a few minutes and taste fantastic, because, well, bread. Pita bread is amazing. It’s so soft and fluffy and I just want to eat it all. I don’t, but I want to.
I’m trying to possess more self-control.
I’m a work in progress.
All right, so let’s break down this easy little sandwich for ya. Apart from the typical Greek-like ingredients of Greek yogurt, cucumber, tomato, and feta cheese, I used Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, which tastes incredibly fresh and has a great, firm texture. It really enhances the flavor of this dish and pairs extremely well with the other ingredients in this pita sandwich. Plus, it’s a lean protein and full of vitamins and minerals.
The Greek yogurt sauce is super easy to put together as well, as it is just Greek yogurt, lemon juice, a bit of dill, oregano, and salt & pepper. When mixed with the other ingredients, it adds a nice fresh zing to the dish and is complemented nicely by the soft pita bread.
It’s a winner!
To see why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do, head on over to their website where you can find more information as well as nutritional info as well!
- 2 5oz cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1/2 cup cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4-5 whole pita breads
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, oregano, pepper, and salt together. Drain tuna and add it to the sauce (if you prefer a less saucy sandwich, I would suggest adding the sauce a little bit at a time to the tuna until it is to your liking).
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta to the mixture.
- Halve each of the pita breads, and spoon the filling inside of each. Sprinkle with parsley.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.