This post has been sponsored by Kellogg’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make A Latte Food possible!
This homemade Fudge Stripes Coffee Cake is filled with the sweet flavors of shortbread, chocolate, and nutty pecans. Using a doctored up cake mix recipe, this vanilla-glazed coffee cake recipe is incredibly easy and outrageously delicious! Made with Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies, this is sure to be a favorite holiday dessert recipe.
Be sure to check out the Kellogg’s® offer here – you can get a free pair of festive socks when you stock up on your favorite products for the holiday season at Vons!
Click below to learn more and save at your local retailer!
My grandparents built a cabin up in the mountains nearly 30 years ago, which is still our family’s favorite vacation spot to this day.
Back in the early years of when it was first built, my grandparents lived there during the late spring and summer, which meant one thing when we would visit as kids:
Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies.
My grandpa had a big sweet tooth (perhaps partly where mine comes from…), and the cookie jars on the kitchen counter were never empty. These cookies always remind me of him.
During the holidays, I’m often reminded of him and all of his fun quirks and hilarious yet endearing charms. I know he would have adored this Fudge Stripes Coffee Cake.
The fact that there are real, honest to goodness cookies baked inside of this coffee cake definitely helps Make the Season Merrier.
I mean, let’s just break this Fudge Stripes Coffee Cake down for a second here. It’s made with doctored up cake mix (have you ever doctored up cake mix before?? It’s life changing), rich cinnamon spice, Fudge Stripes cookies, nutty pecans, and a sweet homemade vanilla glaze.
How could this not bring a smile to anyone’s face this holiday season?
I’m merry and all just thinking about this cake (let’s just say, this might be making an appearance multiple times this holiday season).
All right, let’s chat about this ingredients for this coffee cake—all of which, I might add, you can find at your local Vons! High-fives all around, guys.
(I mean, when you can find all ingredients at one store instead of having to run around town to multiple stores, life is good. Plus, it’s definitely an added bonus when that one store is clean, well stocked, and full of friendly people!)
The main ingredient list includes:
- boxed yellow cake mix
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies
- eggs, oil, sour cream
- cinnamon and vanilla
- plus milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar for the icing
See? Easy peasy with no unusual ingredients or tools needed for this cake. So…there’s absolutely nothing holding you back from baking this up, right??
Fudge Stripes Coffee Cake Tips & Tricks
- First things first, this easy coffee cake recipe is made in a bundt cake pan (aka, a 12-cup fluted pan).
- Secondly, note that the batter for this cake is a thick batter. When adding the batter to the pan, you will want to scoop spoonfuls of batter into the pan, dolloping them around the pan evenly. Using a rubber spatula, you’ll press those spoonfuls of batter into an even layer.
- Finally, when it comes to using a bundt cake pan, you need to grease the pan well. You can butter and flour the inside of the pan or use baking spray to coat the inside of the pan. I would suggest using whatever method you are most comfortable with/most confident in. For me, that’s using baking spray and making sure I coat the inside of the pan extremely well.
Are you ready to Make the Season Merrier with this Fudge Stripes Coffee Cake?? Be sure to head over to your local Vons to grab all of your holiday baking needs, including these Keebler Fudge Stripes Original cookies (and all the other ingredients in this recipe!).
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, (I used pecans)
- 1 package 18.25 oz. yellow cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 1 package 3.4 oz. vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 4 Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies, cut into quarters
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan (12-cup fluted pan) well.
Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
Using a standing mixer or hand held mixer, mix yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, eggs,
vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together on low for 1 minute or so.
Increase the speed to medium, and beat for 2 more minutes.
Stir in Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies, and mix until they are incorporated into the
Scoop spoonfuls of batter and gently dollop them evenly into the bundt pan. Gently press/
spread the batter until it is in an even layer in the pan.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Allow to cool for about 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
For the icing, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk together, beginning with 1 tsp of
milk. If the icing is too thick, add in one more tsp of milk.
Drizzle over the cake and allow the icing to set before slicing into the cake.
Garnish with additional Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Original cookies.