This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney #HappyHealthyHoney #CollectiveBias
This Greek Yogurt Honey Almond Pancake recipe is so simple! These fluffy homemade pancakes are packed with protein and are free from refined sugar! You won’t feel guilty about this breakfast!
I had friends growing up who disliked eating breakfast, which to me, was fundamentally weird. How could you not want a stack of fluffy, homemade pancakes?? With a side of eggs. And bacon. And endless cups of coffee.
Oh man, and spending the night at their houses? They’d sip their black coffee like we were misunderstood students at a poetry reading (as an English Lit major, I can totally make these jokes 😉), claiming they just weren’t breakfast people. Meanwhile, I’m sitting on the couch choking down my coffee (this was before I knew the magic of it) and dreaming of pancakes.
It’s fine. I eventually brought them all over to my side. 😉
Pancakes, you guys, are a wonderful, wonderful thing. Greek yogurt honey almond pancakes, made with Don Victor® Honey? They’re the breakfast of champions.
I’m what one might call a pancake connoisseur (it’s a self-proclaimed title). While I’m not picky when it comes to flavor, I am extremely picky about texture. Pancakes need to be thick, yet light and fluffy. It’s a requirement.
Another major requirement is taste. While I do love most any pancake flavor, I do need them to taste like they are full of real, quality ingredients. For these pancakes, the star is most definitely Don Victor® Honey. These sweet pancakes are full of unbeatable flavor without any refined sugar! A perfect, hearty breakfast that won’t make you break any of your New Year’s resolutions! 😉
Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey is an amazing addition to these pancakes, because it is not only rich and flavorful, it also is an incredible source of energy. As such, it is the perfect breakfast for those looking to fuel up properly for the day.
Did you know honeycomb can be eaten? Biscuits and honey are one of my absolute favorite breakfasts, and adding actual pieces of honeycomb on top of the biscuits completely transforms the dish. It’s sweet and aromatic. Because of how much honeycomb pairs well with other hearty, bread-like items, I thought it would be a great addition to pancakes. Serving honeycomb on top of the warm pancakes truly brings out the amazing flavor! (You can see pieces of the actual honeycomb above)
Apart from just tasting fantastic, Don Victor® Honey has other health benefits, such as being a natural cough suppressant. Basically, this is feel good food you can enjoy while sticking true to any health-related resolutions!
You are welcome.
Breakfast is calling your name!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup almond milk or 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar
- 5 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar + Honeycomb
- Maple Syrup
- Slivered Almonds
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the egg and milk. Stir until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract, almond extract, orange zest, and Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar. Stir until combined.
- Lastly, add in vanilla Greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium low heat (if you are not using a non-stick pan, spray the pan with baking spray). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear and edges are set. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with Don Victor® Honey and pieces of real honeycomb (the heat from the pancakes will start to soften the honeycomb), maple syrup, and/or almonds.
Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey can be found at your local Walmart in the Hispanic Food aisle! It’s absolutely perfect with these homemade pancakes, but would also taste phenomenal on biscuits, toast, or even on a sandwich with peanut butter! Honeycomb is the best.
A little tip: You can store this at room temperature (the cold from the refrigerator can make the honey crystalize); however, if your honey does crystalize, all you need to do is place the jar in warm water and stir the honey until it is smooth. 😊