This post has been sponsored by Bertolli® and Kroger Game Day Eats. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This homemade Barbecue Chicken Flatbread is grilled and made with Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, giving this flatbread recipe amazing color and flavor! This is a no-yeast flatbread dough, which makes this Barbecue Chicken Flatbread an easy party appetizer or dinner!
I don’t know about you, but when I think football, I think food.
I’m pretty certain I’ve never been to a football party (whether we’re tailgating or homegating) where the food wasn’t insanely delicious. In fact, if we’re being brutally honest here, I don’t actually pay all that much attention to the game itself, and am way more invested in what’s going down at the food table (like, this flatbread).
Let me tell you, this Grilled Barbecue Chicken Flatbread is a total touchdown. I’m calling an audible and highly encouraging you to try this recipe asap! It would be a flag on the play if you didn’t…
(I know, I know—I just couldn’t help myself.)
In all truth, my favorite part of this recipe is the flatbread itself.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret here—I don’t love yeast (as in, working with yeast). Yeast can be finicky, and often times, I don’t have the time or patience to do the whole knead-rise-knead-rise-knead-rise thing that comes with yeast doughs.
This homemade no-yeast flatbread recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes, has incredible texture, and is full of rich flavor, thanks to Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bertolli® adds an unbeatable depth of flavor to the flatbread, and is the key ingredient to the flavor and texture of this flatbread. Bertolli® is such a simple ingredient that makes things flavorful every single time.
This truly is a super simple recipe that takes pretty much no time at all from start to finish. It’s a fantastic way to enjoy the game with friends while also enjoying some amazing food.
You can find all of the ingredients used for this Grilled Barbecue Chicken Flatbread at your local Kroger, including Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Additionally, Kroger has a campaign going on now, known as their Kroger Game Day Greats program, which allows you to find all of your homegating solutions in one location (i.e., Kroger). You can have your game day flatbread and eat it too!
Football season has never tasted so good.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup milk or water
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 3 tsp + 4 Tbsp Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- In a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, add flour, baking powder, salt, dried oregano, pepper, Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and milk. Mix until dough comes together and sticks together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a couple of times. Split dough in half, and roll out each half of dough into a circle, about 10” in diameter (you can also roll into a rectangle). Set aside.
- Brush each chicken breast with Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper (season to taste). Heat grill to med-high heat, and grill chicken about 4-5 minutes per side, or until completely cooked through (internal temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheight). Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing it into small cubes.
- Brush each flatbread with 2 Tbsp Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and place oil side down onto the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes. Brush the top sides with remaining 2 Tbsp of Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and flip dough over, allowing the other sides to cook.
- Once you have flipped the flatbreads over, spread 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce on each flatbread. Spread cheese, cubed chicken, yellow bell peppers, and cilantro over the top of each, and cook until cheese is melted (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve immediately.