This easy chicken fajita recipe is made in the oven to make a simple, one-pan meal! Made with Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, these baked chicken fajitas come together in a snap!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThinSlicedChicken #CollectiveBias
We’re serving up chicken fajitas with the works. The works, I tell you.
Not to talk this meal up too much, buuuttt, if I could only have one meal for the rest of my life, this would probably be the one I would want.
Between the flavorful chicken, spiced peppers, and guacamole, these fajitas are the bee’s knees. Add in some lime, cilantro, and a little cheese, and you’ve got the meal of the week.
As if that wasn’t enough, the best part of these fajitas is that they’re baked in the oven in one pan.
Tasty, convenient, and filling—the weeknight dinner of champions (cue the Rocky theme music).
As mentioned above, what sets these chicken fajitas apart is the fact that they’re baked in the oven. You can put them in, set the timer, and kick back for 25 minutes or so—enough time to catch an episode of Friends, whip up some cookies, browse through the most recent issue of your favorite food magazine (…just me?), or have a dance sesh for one (…is that also just me? It’s fine. ?).
Basically, you have 25 minutes to yourself to do whatever your heart desires. From the dance-party-for-one girl over here, no judgment on however you choose to spend those minutes.
These baked chicken fajitas begin with Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, which are extremely convenient for 3 reasons—they have freshness sealed in, are individually frozen so it’s easy to choose how many you want/need to cook at once, and can be used straight from their frozen state. With 21 grams of protein in each chicken breast, these thin-sliced chicken breasts, which cook in 30 minutes or less, are the perfect choice of meat for these fajitas.
Basically, you take the chicken, peppers, and onions and spread them on a sheet pan. Drizzle all ingredients with a little olive oil, lime juice, and fajita seasoning, then pop the pan into the oven. During the last 5 minutes of baking, wrap a stack of corn or flour tortillas in foil, and allow them to warm in the oven.
When topped with cilantro, guacamole, and a little cheese, these are out-of-this-world good!
Taco Tuesday has never looked better!
- 2 Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup green bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion thinly sliced*
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fajita seasoning if you prefer spicier fajitas, feel free to season more liberally
- 6 corn or small flour tortillas
- Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Place 2 Tyson® chicken breasts (frozen), onions, and bell peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and lime juice over the fajita mixture, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning evenly over the fajitas.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until peppers are baked and chicken is cooked thoroughly (reference a cooking thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked through entirely).
- At the 20 minute mark, wrap tortillas in foil and allow them to warm for 5-10 minutes in the oven.
- Allow the fajita mixture to cool for about 5 minutes, then slice the chicken into thin strips. Fill the fajitas into the warmed tortillas and add desired toppings.
- Serve immediately.
*I prefer fajitas with just a hint of onion, however, if you prefer more, feel free to use more than 1/2 a cup.
These hormone-and-steroid-free-all-natural-products-of-the-USA can be found at your local Walmart in the frozen meat department!
Besides these fajitas, what else will you make these amazing Tyson® chicken breasts? ?