Stuffed Mexican Turkey Burgers: Homemade turkey burgers get a Mexican makeover that pack them with flavor. Wrap them in a cheesy quesadilla and top with guacamole to turn your meal into a fiesta!
Remember when I told you that mint and chocolate are like cookies and milk? And that peanut butter and chocolate make the world a better place? Well, quesadillas used as hamburger buns is up there on the list of amazing combinations.
Fabulously cheesy quesadillas wrapped around juicy burgers is an insanely good combination. So good, in fact, I had to share it today. I know I’m normally the first one in line for the dessert table and totally advocate the whole dessert-before-dinner thing, but today, dinner definitely comes first.
I’m pretty sure the definition of comfort food is cheesy goodness.
And this burger totally qualifies.
I have forever and always been a burger fan. I love a classic cheeseburger with a huge helping of french fries. Throw in a milkshake and I’m pretty much ready to go Grease on all of you.
But, I’m a total fan of finding new ways to transform a burger.
And this one is a total fiesta.
You start with raw ground turkey, mix it with pico de gallo, taco seasoning, pepperjack cheese, bell peppers, and an egg (to bind it all together). Make four equal patties out of the meat, grill it, and wrap it in a grilled quesadilla. Top with guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, and any other condiments your heart desires.
Aaaand you’re done.
Really. It takes no time at all to put together.
These homemade turkey burgers are filled with lots of Mexican flavors, including pepper jack cheese, pico de gallo, and taco seasonings.
- 16 oz ground turkey meat, uncooked
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated pepperjack cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 - 8 tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheese any kind
- In a large bowl, mix together ground meat, pico de gallo, bell peppers, egg, cheese, and taco seasoning. Be careful not to overwork the meat as this will make your burgers tough.
- Once the ingredients have just been combined in the bowl, divide the meat into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
- On a hot grill or barbecue, cook the burgers about 4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through entirely.
- While the burgers are cooking, grill the quesadillas (about 1/2 c per tortilla) until the cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Wrap quesadillas around the burgers, and top with tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, etc.
- Eat and enjoy!
Check out my other savory recipes here 🙂