Cake Batter Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies: These homemade cake batter chocolate chip cookies are made 100% from scratch and all dressed up for Halloween! These classic chocolate chip cookies have a little something extra in them to give them that cake batter cookie flavor that’s out of this world good!
Cake and cookies? Oh yeah.
You know what I’m talking about: Cake. Batter. Cookies.
Ohhhhhh. Yeahhhhh. Ferris Bueller style.
I have made cake batter blondies and cake batter cookies out of entirely cake batter mix, but I have never made 100% homemade cake batter cookies.
And it is perhaps one of the best flavors on this planet.
And then, because it’s fall and Halloween is just around the corner, I Funfetti-ed these cookies up with black, orange, and pumpkin sprinkles. Is there anything better than funfetti?
That’s a rhetorical question. 🙂
Cookies are my thing. They’re chewy, sugary but not overtly so, and just so so classically good.
Plus, cookies can usually be made in 45 minutes or so, start to finish. Aaaand who doesn’t love that they can have a warm, gooey cookie in their mouth in under an hour?!
I’m telling ya, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the kitchen is better than any candle. Even those amazing cinnamon ones that smell like Christmas in a jar.
It’s the little things that make these cookies as spectacular as they are.
It’s the things like sprinkles (seriously, who doesn’t love the cuteness of sprinkles, especially these Halloween ones with adorable pumpkin faces??) and double the chips, chocolate that is.
It’s a little bit of butter extract to add an extra layer of buttery goodness to these cookies, totally reminiscent of cake batter.
It’s these things that make these cookies ridiculous.
Ridiculous. . . ly awesome.
And then go to town.
A Latte Food
Yields 18-20 cookies
These homemade cake batter chocolate chip cookies are made 100% from scratch and all dressed up for Halloween! These classic chocolate chip cookies have a little something extra in them to give them that cake batter cookie flavor that's out of this world good!
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1/2 c sprinkles (orange and black for Halloween)
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a mixer, beat softened butter until light and fluffy. Add in white sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined.
- Next, add in egg, vanilla, almond, and butter extracts, and salt; mix.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and baking soda together. Slowly add the mix into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in sprinkles and chips. Mix until just combined.
- Form dough into 1-2 Tbsp rounded balls, place onto lined cookie sheet, and pop in the freezer for five minutes to give them a nice chill (if you prefer, you can chill dough as a whole for 30 minutes in the fridge and then roll into balls and bake).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
If you love these, check out these!