This No Bake Peach Cream Pie is made with fresh peaches, a no bake graham cracker crust, and an easy cream pie filling. This homemade peach pie makes the best easy no bake summer dessert recipe!
This no bake peach pie is my new favorite summer dessert! I love no bake cream pie recipes, and this peaches and cream pie recipe is no exception!
Do you ever feel like you’re doing things with your life, and then you watch a TV show and do a double take because one of the characters went to college with you??
And not only that, he also worked with you in the library.
And invited you to your first college party (which consisted of being on the roof of one of the dormitories for all of 5 minutes before an RA came out and shut it down…”it” being a bunch of awkward freshmen who have no friends and are just kind of standing around making small talk about what city you’re from and what you plan on majoring in while listening to some kid who decided it would be a good time to break out his guitar and serenade you all with his original hits…)
And now he’s a regular on a well-known TV show.
(While you, on the other hand, were just congratulating yourself on for getting the whole ‘80s movie category on Jeopardy correct. We’re basically at the same level.)
I kid, I kid.
In fact, it’s actually really awesome to see some of the stuff my peers have accomplished since post-grad life.
Plus, I get the added benefit of being like, “Oh you watch that show?? I know him!”
Anyway, enough about me knowing a semi-celebrity. Let’s talk pie! Easy Peach Pie, to be exact.
So, I love a good old-fashioned peach pie. There’s nothing like a slice of warm fresh peach pie in a buttery, flaky pie crust topped with some vanilla ice cream.
However, as much as I do love a traditional peach pie recipe, I was dying to try my hand at a no bake peach dessert, which resulted in this easy no bake peach cream pie recipe.
The filling of this pie is a combination of instant vanilla pudding mix, homemade whipped cream, and cream cheese.
I happen to love a fruit cream pie made with pudding mix, because it’s easy and extremely tasty. I know there might be some who don’t love the idea of instant pudding mix, but I’m all for easy hacks as long as they taste amazing.
And taste amazing it does. 😍
No Bake Peach Cream Pie Tips & Tricks:
- First things first, begin with sweet peaches. It can be tough to find good, tasty peaches, but there are a few key things to look for in order to pick a perfect peach. If you’re wondering how to find a ripe peach, a few things to keep in mind is to look at the top of a peach near the stem. If it’s green, it was picked too soon and probably won’t ripen well. Instead, look for a yellow/orange hue. Also, gently squeeze the tip (where the stem was) and shoulder of the peach. If it has some give to it, it’s ready to eat.
- Secondly, you do cook the peaches on the stove for a few minutes. Since the pie isn’t baked in the oven, the cooking on the stovetop technically doesn’t count as ‘baking.’ 😉 Although, in all truth, I know many no bake recipes include stovetop use, so I’m fairly confident in calling this no bake. The reason I cook them on the stovetop is because I wanted to add a bit of caramelized flavor. Plus, if the peaches aren’t as sweet as they could be, cooking them brings out their flavor.
- Lastly, similarly to this Banana Coconut Cream Pie, this pie is best the day of or within a couple of days. The fruit doesn’t last all that long. We still ate it and enjoyed it a number of days later, but we all agreed it tasted best the day of.
I’m obsessed with this No Bake Peach Cream Pie! It’s my favorite flavor of summer.
- 3 large peaches, thinly sliced (I left the skin on, but you can remove it if you want)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 3.4oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh peach slices, if desired
- In a medium sized pot, heat peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon together over med-low heat. Whisk cornstarch and water together, creating a slurry, and add it to the peaches. Stirring occasionally, cook peaches for 8-10 minutes, or until peaches are tender and the liquid has thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together and press the crust into a 9” or 10” pie plate. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk instant pudding mix and milk together until it has thickened. Add in cream cheese and mix (with a rubber spatula or mixer) until well combined. Set aside.
- With a standing mixer or hand mixer, whisk heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar, and continue to whip until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture. Reserve the rest for the topping.
- Spoon the peach filling into the bottom of the graham cracker crust, spreading evenly.
- Spread the cream filling over the top of the peaches, and then spread the remaining whipped cream over the top. Place fresh peach slices on top, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (for best results, the pie should be refrigerated for at least 2-3 hours).
Here are some other peach recipes you might enjoy: