This homemade banana coconut cream pie recipe is a combination of banana cream pie and coconut cream pie in a homemade graham cracker crust! This no bake banana coconut cream pie is an easy dessert recipe perfect for spring or summer! Plus a video down below!
This is the Best Banana Coconut Cream Pie recipe (in my opinion), because it is not only in a homemade graham cracker crust, but it’s also a no bake dessert! High fives all-around, guys!
So, the other day I was trying to type the word ‘apple’ on my iPhone, in reference to the actual food item.
I have autocorrect on, because while it can never switch ‘haga’ to ‘haha’ (instead always changing it to gaga—I’m 110% positive I’ve never typed Lady Gaga even once via texts, so all I can think of is that she paid Apple to subliminally remind us of her music and weird hair from 10 year ago), it definitely can figure out ‘smzpng’ and change it to ‘amazing.’
However, there are moments when autocorrect obnoxiously keeps trying to change something for me that I don’t want changed. Like when it jumps the gun and changes ‘gave’ to ‘have’ or ‘realize’ to ‘realise’ (because somehow my phone always default to UK English).
Or when it keeps capitalizing Apple.
Because, obviously, I would be texting someone about the narcissistic company ‘Apple,’ rather than chatting about the finer points of apple pie cupcakes. 🙄
Anyway, enough about my personal problems with autocorrect. Let’s talk pie!
Because this easy Banana Coconut Cream Pie deserves all the attention.
Think the best banana cream pie mixed with the best coconut cream pie and you’ve got this easy, no bake coconut banana cream pie that tastes like a tropical dream.
There’s just something about the flavors of coconut and banana that give me all the beachy feels.
How to Make Homemade Graham Cracker Crust:
If you have never made a classic graham cracker crust before, it only takes 2 ingredients! Plus, for this cream pie recipe, this is a no bake graham cracker crust!
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs (you can either purchase graham cracker crumbs, or you can make your own graham cracker crumbs with a food processor).
- Melted Butter
One of the best pies I’ve ever had was a banana cream pie with toasted coconut on top. Now, I’m a banana cream pudding junkie, and since banana cream pie is basically banana cream pudding in a graham cracker crust, you can rest assured that I am a huge fan.
Since I could eat coconut for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I kind of felt like this banana coconut cream pie was a no-brainer for this coconut loving girl.
Now, I used regular graham crackers in the crust here, but if you wanted to make a gluten free banana coconut cream pie, all you would need to do is sub gluten free graham crackers for the regular ones. All other ingredients are already gluten free!
Easy Banana Coconut Cream Pie Tips & Tricks:
The cream pie part of this no bake dessert is a combination of instant vanilla pudding mix and homemade whipped cream.
You will only use 1 cup of milk in the instant pudding mix (don’t follow the instructions on the back of the box).
I like a lot of banana in my banana cream pies, so I used 2 large bananas in this dessert. You can use as many or as few as you want.
Okay, so technically the toasted coconut is baked in the oven (or on the stove)…but I still consider this a no bake recipe!
If you’re a fan of this No Bake Banana Coconut Cream Pie, you should totally try this No Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie! They’re both the bees knees.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 3.4oz box instant Vanilla Pudding (you could also use coconut or french vanilla instant pudding)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Press the graham cracker crust into a 9” or 10” pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix instant vanilla pudding mix and milk until combined (the pudding will be thick). Add in shredded coconut and mix. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer with the whisk attachment or with a hand mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream mixture into the coconut vanilla pudding mixture. Reserve the rest of the whipped cream for the topping.
- Place sliced bananas in the bottom of the graham cracker crust, pour the pudding mixture over the bananas.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle toasted coconut over the top.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
Here are some other no bake recipes you might enjoy: