These easy Chocolate Cream Pie Cookie Cups are made with a graham cracker cookie crust and filled with rich chocolate cream pie filling and topped with homemade whipped cream! They are an incredibly easy chocolate dessert recipe, and they are a dessert that can be made ahead of time.
These easy yet gourmet chocolate cream pie cookie cups are a fun twist on the classic chocolate cream pie with a graham cracker crust.
The cookie base is basically a chocolate chip cookie dough (minus the chocolate chips and + some graham cracker crumbs), and the filling is a no bake chocolate cream pie!
Have you ever played one of those ice breaker games where you have to tell an interesting fact about yourself?
(Or worse yet, you have to tell 3 interesting facts, which is problematic when you can’t even come with one remotely interesting response.)
You see, I don’t do as well under pressure as I’d like to, and when put on the spot, I totally get stage fright and freeze and can only come up with something weird like, “I have a double jointed hip (but don’t ask me to show you because I’m no longer 12 and it might not pop back in),” while everyone else is telling us how they’re related to Abraham Lincoln or backpacked through Europe or was a series regular on a TV show.
I prefer games like, “If you were on the Del Taco menu, what would you be?” Or “What fictional city would live in and why?” Not only can I articulate an answer like a normal human being, I feel like you actually get to know people a little better.
(In case you were wondering, my answers would definitely be the chicken tacos, because it’s a classic and has a ton of cheese—just like my jokes, and the fictional city would hands down be River Heights, despite the apparent high crime rate.)
My favorite game, of course, would be “What dessert would you take with you on a desert island,” because it would obviously be these Chocolate Cream Pie Cookie Cups.
Now, cookie cup dessert recipes are nothing new. In fact, I posted these S’mores Cookie Cups a few weeks back (and I may or may not have two more easy cookie cups recipes coming your way), and while the opinions of those S’mores Cookie Cups might’ve been biased (aka, my family), they were a HIT.
While I am partial to all desserts, and while I might hail cheesecake as the dessert to end all desserts, there’s nothing like a fresh baked cookie or a decadent, rich, cream pie (this Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie and this Double Chocolate Chip Strawberry Nutella Pie totally fit the bill).
Luckily (or not-so-luckily, depending upon your willpower), these chocolate cookie cups are a combination of both. They’ve got the fresh baked graham cracker cookie cup and the rich chocolate cream filling that I kind of just want to eat with a spoon.
How To Make Chocolate Cream Pie Cookie Cups:
- First of all, let’s talk about the no bake chocolate cream pie filling. Many no bake chocolate pie recipes call for pudding, including quite a few of my no bake pie recipes. However, this is a chocolate cream cheese pie, if you will.
- The cream cheese, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar is folded with homemade whipped cream to make a perfect chocolate cream pie filling (the texture is slightly reminiscent of a chocolate mousse).
Mini Chocolate Cream Pie Cookie Cups Tips & Tricks cont:
- These mini cookie cups are baked in a muffin tin. I used a teaspoon to press the centers down into a “cup,” but you can use a spoon or any small, circular kitchen tool.
- Lastly, the homemade whipped cream calls for a bit of instant pudding powder as it helps make stabilized whipped cream.
Be still my heart. ❤
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp white chocolate instant pudding mix (this stabilizes the whipped cream)
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with baking spray. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until well combined (using a standing mixer, hand mixer, or by hand).
- Add in the egg, and mix until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined.
- Next, add in graham cracker crumbs and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Using a 1” cookie scoop (about 1 Tbsp) disperse dough evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden and the centers have risen (once you take the cookie cups out of the oven, the centers might sink a bit, which is fine).
- Immediately, or within a couple of minutes, press centers down to form a cup shape (I used a tsp to do this). Allow to cool completely.
With a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream and white chocolate pudding mix until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and whip until the consistency of whipped cream.
- Divide whipped cream in half.
- Mix cream cheese, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar together. Once well combined, fold in half of the whipped cream, gently mixing until everything is incorporated.
- Spoon the chocolate cream pie filling into each cookie cup, about 1 Tbsp or so.
- With a piping bag and star tip, pipe the remaining whipped cream onto each cookie cup.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips.
- If desired, chill cookie cups for 30 minutes before serving (while they can be eaten immediately, if you prefer a cold filling, I would suggest chilling).
- Store leftovers in the fridge.