This no-bake frozen yogurt pie is made with lighter ingredients to give it a fresh, light taste, making it a perfect summer dessert!
Or in life.
Well, accomplishing nothing strenuous that is.
These people train for years, day in and day out, in hopes of making the Olympic team. I was watching the Track and Field trials the other day and these men and women were hopping over hurdles and jumping into puddles (who knew steeplechase was even a thing?!) and breaking World Records, and I’m over here walking in public with cookie dough in my hair.
Obviously, I’m doing very well for myself.
Apart from clearly needing to check a mirror post a baking frenzy, and not being able to qualify for the olympics in even my wildest of dreams, one skill I do possess well is being able to make a mean no-bake pie.
This pie is more affectionately known as “lazy pie,” because it’s ridiculously easy to make. While some might attribute my pie making success to the ease of this pie, I like to think the two are not necessarily related. 😉
In all seriousness though, this pie is super easy, on the lighter side, and being no-bake, a really refreshing pie for the hot, hot summer season.
I’d definitely eat this in the dead of winter, but it’s a great summer pie.
The ingredient list:
1. Yogurt (Greek or Regular)
2. Light Whipped Topping
3. Key Lime Juice & Zest
4. Graham Cracker Crumbs
5. Canola Oil
It’s impossible to mess this pie up–trust me.
Since it’s lighter, you can have 3 slices. It’s a proven fact. Right…
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs crushed
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 12 oz vanilla yogurt greek or regular
- 8 oz Light Cool Whip
- 2 Tbsp Key Lime Zest
- 1/4 cup Key Lime Juice
- In a bowl, combine canola oil and graham cracker crumbs together. Press into a 9" pie plate (because of there being less oil in the crust, it will be more crumbly than a traditional graham cracker crust made with butter). Set aside.
- Mix yogurt, key lime juice, 1 Tbsp key lime zest, and cool whip together. Spread over crust. Sprinkle remaining Tbsp of zest over the top of the pie.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours, or until firm.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer.
My favorite products used in this recipe: