This homemade no bake pistachio pudding cream pie is layers of graham cracker crust, pistachio pudding cream, and whipped cream!
Plus, this pistachio cream pie is filled with sweet pineapple and coconut! This easy no bake dessert would make the perfect Easter dessert, or with it’s pretty color, even a St. Patrick’s Day dessert! Plus a video down below!
The best part of math class was undoubtedly Pi-Day.
Aka, March 14th.
Growing up, this day was only significant as it was my brother’s birthday, and therefore the evening would be filled with mac and cheese (his favorite meal and my favorite comfort food) and some sort of homemade cake (probably something pretty similar to these Classic Chocolate Cupcakes or these super fun Funfetti Vanilla Cupcakes!) and ice cream (Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream for the win!).
Birthdays are always good days. 😉
It wasn’t until high school that I learned this day could give me a perfectly good excuse to eat pie and cake.
My high school math teacher is the first one that introduced me to celebrating Pi-Day with actual pie. (Other teachers, where were you on this???)
So, needless to say, I don’t miss celebrating 3.14 with glorious, glorious pie, like this No Bake Pistachio Pudding Cream Pie!
This pretty little pie would certainly make a fantastic Easter dessert as well, considering its pastel color (and coconut and pineapple additions) and super creamy (and dreamy) filling (I don’t know why the creamy filling has anything to do with Easter, but I feel like it works).
Of course, I’d take any excuse to eat this pistachio cream pie, because, umm, it turned out ah-mazing.
Think coconut cream pie meets tropical cream pie meets that pistachio pudding fluff (the thing with the marshmallows and pineapple).
This No Bake Pistachio Pudding Cream Pie recipe is incredibly simple! It only takes a few minutes of prep before it’s ready to be chilled.
I absolutely love cream pies and easy recipes so when they coalesce into one ridiculously delicious easy recipe, it’s safe to say I’m throwing up all the 🙌🏻.
I prefer homemade graham cracker crusts, mainly because I’m a graham cracker crust junkie so I want a thick layer of the good stuff on the bottom of my pies. A store-bought graham cracker crust would work fine here, however, if you’re looking for a super easy Easter dessert recipe!
No Bake Pistachio Pudding Cream Pie Trips & Tricks
– This recipe uses instant pistachio pudding (not the stovetop pudding). You don’t want to know how many times I’ve grabbed a pudding box at the store only to realize (after making it) it’s not the instant kind. 🙄 All the eye rolls for me.
– Do not follow the directions on the back of the instant pistachio pudding box. Because of the cream cheese and whipped cream in this recipe, you need less milk than what the box tells you to use.
– You can use cool whip for this recipe, however, if you have the time to make homemade whipped cream (if you’ve never made it before, I promise you, it’s really easy! And it tastes incredible!), DO IT. It makes all the difference in the world!
Pie-fives all around.
Yields 8-10 Slices
This homemade no bake pistachio pudding cream pie is layers of graham cracker crust, pistachio pudding cream, and whipped cream! Plus, this pistachio cream pie is filled with sweet pineapple and coconut! This easy no bake dessert would make the perfect Easter dessert, or with it’s pretty color, even a St. Patrick’s Day dessert! Plus a video!
4 hr, 30 Prep Time
4 hr, 30 Total Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (3.4oz) box Instant Pistachio Pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut
- 8 oz diced pineapple (if using canned, make sure it’s drained)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut
- 2-3 Tbsp roasted pistachios, chopped
- Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until combined. Press crust into a 9” or 10” pie plate, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix instant pistachio pudding and 1 cup of milk together. Whisk until the pudding mixture thickens, and then set aside.
- With a standing mixer and whisk attachment or hand mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together until well combined. Add in pistachio pudding, coconut, and pineapple. Mix until combined.
- Fold in half of the whipped cream mixture (about 1 1/2 cups) into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the pistachio pudding cream filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on top, and sprinkle with toasted coconut and chopped pistachios, if desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
Here are some other recipe you might enjoy: