These soft and chewy pistachio pudding chocolate chip cookies are a fun twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe! The pistachio pudding gives them a subtle green hue, making them a perfect St. Patty’s Day dessert!
Instant pudding might be the best invention on the planet. Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell might disagree with me here, but, I don’t know, instant pudding is pretty ingenious.
And, it makes for the softest, chewiest, I-need-more-than-one-please-and-thank-you cookies.
Clearly, I might be instant pudding’s biggest fan.
It’s been a little while since I was in school, but back in the day, it was a thing to pinch people who weren’t wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day. I have this feeling that’s probably frowned upon now in schools, which, if we’re being honest, makes a little sense.
I mean, it’s a weird tradition, right? And, well, really not fun.
Especially if you were like me, and could never, for the life of you, remember to wear green.
I’m fairly certain though, if I’d had a batch of these cookies with me, I could have convinced everyone to do a little tradesies and skip the pinch in lieu of a cookie.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 3.4oz package pistachio pudding (instant)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and beat until combined. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, pistachio pudding, baking soda, and espresso powder. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes, just to firm it up slightly. (Because I'm impatient, I typically scoop the dough onto trays and pop them into the freezer for about 5 minutes instead).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- With a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie), scoop the dough and spread evenly on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden brown.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Here are some other cookie recipes you might love: