Mini Oreo Mousse Pies: These mini Oreo crusted pies are filled with a light, creamy mousse. When topped with a raspberry, these bite-sized pies are amazing! Day 11 of the 14 Days of Love!
If there is one thing you make this week in preparation for Valentine’s Day, it should be these mini Oreo mousse pies. I know I probably sound a bit biased, but trust me, these are absolutely irresistible.
The combination of light, creamy mousse with the crunch of Oreo crust is eyeball-rollin’ good. And as a mini, bite-sized pie, it’s perfectly acceptable to eat two. At least. I mean, what, probably five of them equals a normal sized slice of pie, right?
Proportions totally work like that.
This Oreo crust begins with Oreo’s Berry filled cookies (this is not a sponsored post–I’m just loving these cookies 🙂 ). They’ve been available for a while, but I’ve never tried them. I’m a sucker for the original or the mint-filled, and I’m a creature of habit so I don’t tend to stray away. But with Valentine’s coming up I thought they’d make a great addition to these mousse cups.
I was totally right. They did. If you can only find the original, they taste great too! But the berry-filled just adds an extra layer of dreaminess to these mini pies.
And, if I’m being honest, I was really hopeful the pink cream would show even when crushed. As you can see, it didn’t. But it’s there. It’s incognito in color, but the taste is definitely there.
This mousse calls for instant chocolate pudding mix and homemade whipped cream. Once you make both the pudding and the whipped cream, gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding until it is just combined. The whipped cream transforms the pudding into a light, airy mousse.
These mini Oreo crusted pies are filled with a light, creamy mousse. When topped with a raspberry, these bite-sized pies are amazing!
- 20-24 Berry Oreos, crushed
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding mix (around 3.4 ounces)
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp powdered sugar (depending upon sweetness preference)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Raspberries or Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (for the crust).
Mix melted butter with Oreo cookie crumbs until well combined. Press about 1-2 Tbsp of crumbs into each cup of a mini-muffin tin and form it into a crust shape (my tin is 24-cups, and this recipe made 24 mini pies).
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until the crust appears set. Allow to cool.
- With a whisk, mix instant chocolate pudding with two cups of milk, about 2-3 minutes. Once it begins to thicken, allow it to sit for 5 minutes (these were the directions on my instant pudding box).
- Beat the heavy cream with a mixer until it begins to resemble whipped cream, about 5 minutes. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until it reaches a whipped cream consistency, about 2-3 more minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding, until mostly combined. Add in the mini chips, and fold again.
- In the cooled cookie cups, add about 1-2 Tbsp of mousse into each cup. Top with a raspberry or strawberry.
These must be refrigerated until eaten. They can be stored in an airtight container, but they are best when eaten the day of or within 1-2 days after.