This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This easy appetizer snack mix is made with Blue Diamond Smokehouse Nuts, cheese crackers, pretzels, rice cereal, and seasonings to make an irresistible party mix!
When I was younger, we would always spend Thanksgiving with my grandparents, and the day was usually spent playing with my cousins while the adults chatted about adult-y things (aka, the same boring things I chat about now–recipes, work, el nino, life).
Isn’t adulting fun?
It sure is when this snack mix is! It’s a party in and of itself.
While my Thanksgiving consists of all things related to food, I hear there might be a game or two on. ?
And the perfect thing for a game? A smoky, barbecue party snack mix!
(Guys, believe me on this. I only go to football parties for the food, so trust me, this is a winner).
If you need a last minute appetizer for the big day, this is the one!
This snack mix is a total game changer.
- 2 cups corn cereal squares
- 2 cups wheat cereal squares
- 1 1/2 cups cheese crackers
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup Smokehouse Blue Diamond Nuts
- 1/2 cup bagel chips I used Rye Bagel Chips, but any are fine
- 1/2 cup mini breadstick crackers
- 1/4 barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt butter and barbecue sauce. Once blended, add in seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, stir together the rest of the dry ingredients. Drizzle over cracker mix and stir to coat.
- Pour crackers onto a large baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.