These no bake chocolate peanut butter pie bars are layers of graham cracker crumbs, homemade chocolate ganache, peanut butter cream filling, and homemade whipped cream on top. Chocolate and peanut butter lovers, this one’s for you!
All right, so this easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe was made in a 9×9 square dish, but you could easily make this in a 9” pie plate.
Between the peanut butter cream and the chocolate ganache, this easy chocolate peanut butter pie with a graham cracker crust is sure to be a no bake dessert favorite!
Guys, sometimes I just don’t get commercials.
Like, for instance, Apple has this Siri commercial for the World Cup where the whole point of the commercial is to ask Siri to set your alarm for you for the World Cup.
But, I mean do you really need Siri to do that? Because I feel like it takes two seconds to set an alarm on your phone by hand…
I don’t know, Apple, give me a reason as to why Siri is invaluable, otherwise Siri and this commercial are utterly useless to me.
It’s like Apple forgot they had a contract with Fifa and threw something together at the last minute. Don’t get me wrong, I’m an Apple person through and through, but for reals though, put a little effort into it.
(Obviously I’m a little invested in this. 😂)
Anyway, let’s talk about this No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bars, because you know what? This doesn’t take that much effort but looks like you put a ton of blood, sweat and tears into it (Apple, take notes).
(Also, I’m sorry I said blood. Twice. 😬)
So, I’m a PB Choco fanatic.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Cake was I-N-S-A-N-E.
And these Marshmallow PB Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars? Obsessed.
And this Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Pie (guys, the crust is a chocolate chip cookie 😍)???? Might be the best thing in life (next to these chocolate peanut butter pie bars, because GANACHE).
My dad has this fantastic peanut butter pie recipe that is full of homemade peanut butter custard and topped with meringue, and it’s fantastic.
In fact, it was one of the first recipes I put on my blog (umm, the pictures and post were deleted, because, umm wow, the photos).
Someday, that peanut butter pie will make it back here, but for now, it’s all about these easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bars. It’s my easier and chocolatey-er homage to my dad’s pie.
Okay, so why peanut butter pie bars?
Basically, the choice to make this no bake peanut butter pie into bars instead of into a traditional pie was because it’s easier to share pie bars than it is to share pie slices.
Guys, this peanut butter chocolate pie is straight up dangerous and the last thing I needed was to eat the whole thing by myself. Giving slices of pie away is significantly more difficult than giving away pie squares.
Yes, it was purely for selfish reasons. BUT. They’re cute in bar form, aren’t they?? Plus, if you wrap the the dish in foil, you can simply lift the whole pie out of the pan and slice them up!
Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bars Tips & Tricks
First of all, if you want to make this in a regular pie dish, go ahead. I would suggest using a deep dish 9” or 10” pie plate.
If using a 9×9 square pan, I would suggest lining the pan in non-stick foil. Once the pie is chilled, you can easily lift the foil (and the pie bars) out of the pan, making it much easier to slice and serve.
The homemade chocolate ganache recipe is incredibly simple. Hot heavy cream is poured over a combo of semi-sweet and milk chocolate, then left to sit for a few minutes. The hot cream melts the chocolate and once the whole thing is whisked together, it’s this perfect thick, rich chocolate goodness.
PB + Chocolate = the world.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 3.4oz boxes of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk (skim, 2% or whole is fine)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, I used all natural
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with nonstick foil (this is optional, but highly suggested. Once the pie has chilled, you can lift the foil straight out of the pan and slice into the bars easily). Set aside.
- Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together. Press crumbs into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Heat heavy cream until just under a boil (about simmer). You can do this in the microwave or on the stove. Place chocolate in a bowl and pour hot cream over the chocolate. Allow to stand at least 5 minutes before whisking until smooth. Pour ganache into the bottom of the crust, spreading until smooth.
- With a standing mixer or hand mixer whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip until medium to stiff peaks have formed. Set aside.
- Whisk instant vanilla pudding and milk together until it has thickened (it will be a very thick mixture). Add in peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped cream mixture into the peanut butter filling. Fold until the whipped cream is incorporated entirely.
- Spread the peanut butter filling over the ganache, spreading in an even layer.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of the pie.
- Top with chocolate shavings or chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Chill at least 3-4 hours, or overnight (and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve).
- Lift the foil (and pie) out of the pan, and slice it into squares (12 smaller squares or 9 large squares).
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Here are some other recipes you might love: