This Easy Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler is made with fresh peaches, rich spices, and pre-made cinnamon roll dough! This peach cobbler recipe is topped with a homemade vanilla glaze, making this a super quick and easy summer dessert!
My love affair with the cinnamon roll began in second grade.
It was my childhood best friend’s birthday, and after not slumbering, her mother made all 12 of us a glorious breakfast of cinnamon rolls and bacon (seriously, can I have that every morning??).
I can still remember coming down the stairs and seeing this giant pan of cinnamon rolls slathered in icing sitting in the middle of the table. You’d think it was Christmas morning given how excited I was over this sight (food is my life, clearly).
While I am most definitely a self-proclaimed chocolate chip cookie snob, chocolate cupcake snob, and even a scone snob, ever since I first laid eyes on the cinnamon roll, I will take a cinnamon roll in any shape or form. It doesn’t matter if it’s made from scratch, popped from a can, or made in a grocery store bakery—I can’t resist a cinnamon roll.
Given my cinnamon roll weakness, this Easy Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler was a real home run.
Whenever I’m at the grocery store and see a batch of perfect-looking peaches, I tend to go a little overboard and buy enough to last me all winter (which is super practical, I know—rolling eye emoji, get at me).
It’s like a compulsion, and while logically I know there’s no way I can eat all of them before they go bad, I can’t seem to help myself.
So, in addition to slicing them and eating them, they get put in everything—smoothies, cereal, fruit salad, and cobbler. Really, really, ridiculously good cobbler.
Guys, can we just talk about the convenience of this homemade cobbler recipe for a second?
In essence, you make a peach pie filling, throw it in a baking dish, and top it with pre-made (but super cinnamon-y and gooey) canned cinnamon roll dough.
Fifteen minutes prep work max. Then you put it in the oven, let it get all hot and bubbly, and dig in.
Preferably with ice cream.
Look at that beauty.
Since it’s made with cinnamon rolls (aka, the best breakfast item there is) and peaches (aka, the perfect fruit), we could totally dig into this Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler at breakfast, right? 😉
- 5 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 can of pre-made cinnamon roll dough
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat peaches, sugar, flour, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg over med-low heat, for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow mixture to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Pour warmed peach mixture into the baking dish.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into fourths, and sprinkle the dough evenly over the top of the peaches.
- Tent a piece of foil over the baking dish, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and bake the cobbler for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until peaches are bubbling and cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
- Whisk powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp heavy cream together. If the glaze is too thick, add the additional Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Once the glaze is at your desired consistency, drizzle it over the top of the cinnamon roll peach cobbler.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
This recipe was first posted on Julie’s Eats and Treats, where I am a contributor.
Here are some other recipes you might like: