I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for my time in developing this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
This homemade pineapple coconut sorbet is made with only 6-ingredients and is refined sugar-free and dairy-free! This easy frozen dessert is easy to make, full of flavor, and totally dreamy!
Summer isn’t over yet!
I know half of the world is counting down the days until pumpkin spice everything hits the shelves, but we’ve still got plenty of summer left! And with that, plenty of warm afternoons and evenings that are just begging for homemade sorbet.
Recently, I mentioned how mild a summer we were having—so mild in fact, it most definitely did not feel like August (and I was more than F-I-N-E with that).
Well, as per usual, all good things must come to an end and all that, because triple digits and thunderstorms are predicted for the upcoming week.
Thanks, Cali. It sure was nice while it lasted.
Pineapple Coconut Sorbet, we’re going to be really, really good friends. Like, besties for the next couple of weeks.
There was a grocery store around here that closed down a couple of years ago, but they made the best Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream. It was light yet creamy, and full of sweet tropical flavor.
I was in heaven.
Dare I say this sorbet is even better??
It’s fruitier, which I love, and made with only a handful of ingredients. Plus, it’s made without any refined sugar, is dairy-free, and definitely lighter in both flavor and calories.
Part of what gives this sorbet it’s rich flavor is Nielsen-Massey Pure Almond Extract.
The almond extract adds a depth to this sorbet by enhancing the flavors of both the coconut and pineapple. It’s a subtle flavor, but it adds a little bit of sweetness without overpowering the flavors of the pineapple and coconut. It’s the perfect addition to any summer treat!
Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Almond Extract is made with the highest quality and flavor, as it uses the purest oil of bitter almonds. (Additionally, all of Nielsen-Massey’s products are all-natural, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher, allergen-free, and GMO-Free.) While almond extract can yield a very strong flavor, as a little goes a long way, when used sparingly, it is the perfect accompaniment to a wide variety of recipes, including sorbet!
Alternatively, for this recipe, you could definitely use Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract, as orange is a perfect pairing with pineapple.
Don’t let summer pass you by before trying this sorbet! Again and again. 😉
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 3-4 Tbsp honey or maple syrup (it depends how sweet you prefer your sorbet)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Pure Almond Extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a blender or food processor, blend pineapple, honey (or maple syrup), coconut milk, Nielsen-Massey Pure Almond Extract, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of shredded coconut together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and add in the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. Churn sorbet according to your manufacturer's directions (mine took 18-20 minutes).
- Eat immediately (for soft-serve sorbet), or pour sorbet into a freezer-safe container and freeze until ready to eat.
- If sorbet is frozen overnight, it will probably need 15-20 minutes to thaw a bit before scooping sorbet (or dip scoop into hot water).