These rich S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with gooey marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, and plenty of chocolate chips! The classic chocolate chip cookie recipe has never tasted better than with the addition of s’more ingredients! Your life will never be the same.
I know that technically summer is still a few weeks away, but I’m pretty sure now that June is right around the corner, most of us are already in a summer state of mind.
And, is there anything more summery than the classic, quintessential you’re-killin’-me-Smalls s’more?
I mean, between the melty chocolate and gooey marshmallows, does it get any better??
Well, it does if the quintessential summer dessert is stuffed inside the best chocolate chip cookies ever (cue these S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies).
(Or, if it’s in the form of S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, Ultimate S’more Brownies, or even S’mores Turnovers).
Just picture it: Thick, chewy chocolate chip cookies that have a marshmallow center, a little crunch from the grahams, and a double dose of chocolate with the addition of extra milk chocolate chips (because you can never—and I mean never—have too much chocolate).
All right, let’s talk baking logistics here. Apart from the obvious (the marshmallow I’ve been endlessly
obsessing over discussing), what makes these S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies so amazing?
It all starts with a basic, but amazing, chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, and it is so easy to make as well!
A Few Simple Baking Tips
-Butter should be softened to room temperature, but not melted. Melted butter will lead to the cookies spreading out too much (it yields a crisper, thinner cookie).
-These cookies have an amazing texture due to the addition of instant vanilla pudding mix. The pudding mix keeps these cookies soft and chewy, while also adding extra flavor.
-The marshmallows need to be completely covered by cookie dough, otherwise they will disintegrate from the heat of the oven (marshmallows are extremely temperamental when it comes to high heat). When scooping out the cookie, scoop out 2 Tbsp of dough and flatten it slightly in your hand. Place 2-3 marshmallows in the center, and fold the cookie dough around the marshmallows. Roll dough into a ball, and make sure the marshmallows are completely covered.
-Do not over bake! These cookies bake for about 15-16 minutes, and are puffed up and just turning golden brown. These cookies will be crisp on the edges and extra soft and chewy on the inside.
Summer-ing with the best.
These rich S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with gooey marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, and plenty of chocolate chips! The classic chocolate chip cookie recipe has never tasted better than with the addition of s’more ingredients!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet and set it aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, and beat. Once mixed, add in salt and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, instant pudding, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and espresso powder.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Take about 2 Tbsp of dough and flatten it slightly in your hand. Stick 3-4 marshmallows in the center, and fold the cookie dough around the marshmallows and form it into a ball. Make sure the marshmallows are completely hidden inside of the dough (otherwise they will disintegrate due to the heat of the oven).
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until just golden brown.
- If desired, add a few mini marshmallows and/or extra chocolate chips on top.
Here are some of my other favorite cookie recipes!
mmm…these look so great with the marshmallows!
Thank you, Dina! 🙂
laurel @ wannacomewith says
Wow. These look absolutely amazing. I’ll definitely be making these once it cools down a bit more. I can’t wait!
Thanks, Laurel! 🙂
Loved these cookies! The marshmallow filling was so good!