This easy s’mores turnover recipe is made with only 3-ingredients! Warm chocolate and gooey marshmallows stuffed inside flaky pastry dough? Sold.
I’m going to be that person right now. You know, the one who tempts all of you with noble goals to get beach body ready with this amazingly simple and delicious recipe for a s’mores turnover.
I lost my will to care about that like one week into 2017, so if I’m going down, we’re all going down.
I’m totally kidding. If you’ve got swimsuit aspirations, I support your hopes and dreams fully (and would also appreciate any tips and tricks on how you’re staying strong, because as of right now, all I can think about are chocolate chip cookies and ice cream).
Dessert is my life.
Especially when the desserts in my life look like this (why do I do this to myself? This problem is totally self-inflicted) because all I want to do is sit down and eat them. Preferably while re-watching Gilmore for the umpteenth time (only the regular series–wasn’t a big fan of the revival and will pretend it doesn’t exist 😂).
They’re also the perfect comfort food to drown your sorrows in after you finally watch The Fault in Our Stars (the movie you put off because you were worried it wouldn’t do the book justice but it was actually great) and sobbed through the whole thing because the story is so tragically beautiful. A little late to the party…but, at least I made it.
Okay, and finally getting to the reason we’re all here (the s’mores turnovers), these babies are only 3-ingredients! In case the title didn’t completely give that away… 😂 Puff pastry, chocolate, and marshmallows. The trifecta.
All I want and nothing more.
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed*
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 3 Tbsp, divided (milk, dark, or semi-sweet is fine)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, parchment paper, or grease with baking spray.
- On parchment paper, unfold the puff pastry dough until it is in a flat square. Cut the dough evenly into fourths.
- Divide the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and marshmallows evenly between the four squares (about 2 Tbsp of each ingredient on each square). Fold the dough over and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Transfer the turnovers onto the baking sheet, spacing them evenly. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown.
- Melt the remaining 3 Tbsp of chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each hit. Once melted, drizzle chocolate over the turnovers.
*Each puff pastry box comes with two sheets. For this recipe, only use one of the sheets, or double the recipe to use both.
If you liked this easy recipe, here are some others you might love: