This easy chocolate turnover recipe is filled with strawberries and Nutella to make the perfect breakfast, brunch, or dessert! These Strawberry Nutella Turnovers are simple, delish, and chocolatey. What more could you want?
Here’s a video of the whole process! High fives, guys.
My first car was an adorable, sporty, little Pontiac. It was a coup, had a sun roof, and was perfect for 16-year old me.
As much fun as the car was, it had its issues, including a recall on the power steering and windshield wipers that only ran at 3 speeds (and only 3 speeds):
1. So incredibly slow that I wasn’t entirely sure they were on or even working.
2. If this was any faster than the first speed, I could never tell.
3. Moving at warped speed so I was always that person running their windshield wipers at a ridiculously high speed while it sprinkled.
We don’t get buckets of rain or anything (although we really, really need those buckets), but the other day, when it began to unexpectedly rain (much to the chagrin of my summery outfit), I saw a car having the same struggle I once had, and I felt his pain.
He probably could have used a turnover to drown his sorrows. So, obviously, I had one for this stranger. #goodsamaritan
And one in memory of my former baby.
Clearly, I’ll take any excuse to down Nutella and strawberries in a flaky, buttery pastry.
It’s soooooo good it should probably be illegal.
Nutella + Strawberries = True ❤️ 4-Ever.
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed (1 sheet equals 4 large turnovers)
- 1/2 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 egg beaten
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold your thawed puff pastry dough. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into four equal squares.
- Place about 2 Tbsp of Nutella into the corner of each square of puff pastry. Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of chopped strawberries over the Nutella.
- Fold the pastry diagonally, and crimp the edges with a fork. Brush the tops and edges of each turnover with egg wash.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chopped strawberries, if desired.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Here are some other puff pastry recipes you might love:
This post contains affiliate links.
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
Strawberries and Nutella pair deliciously together! Love these 🙂
They’re my favorite! Thanks, Medha!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Oh my gosh, this is so good looking and classic. YUM for summer strawberry season.
Erin @ The Speckled Palate says
That windshield wiper story is pure gold. I have fond memories of my first car similar to that… but they involved the cruise control and AC never working. 😉 (And I’m from the South, so riding with the windows down and learning to tame my crazy car hair was a must!)
And then these turnovers. YUM. I’m a sucker for anything strawberry and Nutella, so I know these beauts would go down so beautifully at our house!
I would love to give these a try for breakfast this weekend! Love the strawberry nutella combo! Delicious!
Best turnover combination ever! Can’t wait to try this!
carrie @ frugal foodie mama says
I LOVE the combo of Nutella with strawberries! 🙂 These turnovers are fabulous.
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Now this is my kind of turnover! You can never go wrong with strawberries and nutella. Love this, Michelle!
Renee - Kudos says
Store bought puff pastry has to be the best invention EVER! These look fantastic and your choice of filling is amazing!
Lauren @ Hall Nesting says
My first car didn’t have AC and the kids I babysat for thought they were going to die in it every summer ha! So at that time these turnovers would have made it worth it!
Allie | Baking a Moment says
These are too cute for words and I love the flavor combo!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
Looks great! Kids will love this.
Chrystal @ Gluten-Free Palate says
Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats says
Gorgeous! I have everything for this recipe right now and it is taking everything I have to not get up and bake right now at 10 p.m.!
Eden Passante says
OMG! How amazing do these look?! Definitely need to make these!