This easy chocolate turnover recipe is filled with strawberries and Nutella to make the perfect breakfast, brunch, or dessert! These Strawberry Nutella Turnovers are simple, delish, and chocolatey. What more could you want?
Here’s a video of the whole process! High fives, guys.
As much fun as the car was, it had its issues, including a recall on the power steering and windshield wipers that only ran at 3 speeds (and only 3 speeds):
1. So incredibly slow that I wasn’t entirely sure they were on or even working.
2. If this was any faster than the first speed, I could never tell.
3. Moving at warped speed so I was always that person running their windshield wipers at a ridiculously high speed while it sprinkled.
We don’t get buckets of rain or anything (although we really, really need those buckets), but the other day, when it began to unexpectedly rain (much to the chagrin of my summery outfit), I saw a car having the same struggle I once had, and I felt his pain.
He probably could have used a turnover to drown his sorrows. So, obviously, I had one for this stranger. #goodsamaritan
And one in memory of my former baby.
Clearly, I’ll take any excuse to down Nutella and strawberries in a flaky, buttery pastry.
It’s soooooo good it should probably be illegal.
Nutella + Strawberries = True ❤️ 4-Ever.
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed (1 sheet equals 4 large turnovers)
- 1/2 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 egg beaten
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold your thawed puff pastry dough. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into four equal squares.
- Place about 2 Tbsp of Nutella into the corner of each square of puff pastry. Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of chopped strawberries over the Nutella.
- Fold the pastry diagonally, and crimp the edges with a fork. Brush the tops and edges of each turnover with egg wash.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chopped strawberries, if desired.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Here are some other puff pastry recipes you might love:
This post contains affiliate links.