This easy lemon cream turnover recipe uses only 6 ingredients, making them a quick and easy breakfast, snack, or dessert!
If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that my love for lemon knows no bounds. There’s just something about its tangy flavor and fresh fragrance that gets me every single time.
In fact, if it were mandatory that all desserts needed to include lemon somewhere in the recipe, I wouldn’t hate it. I also wouldn’t hate it if it were mandatory that all cleaning products included lemon–seriously, the love runs deep.
While I’ll take lemon in any way, shape, or form, and certainly have no problem eating it any time of the year, lemon just feels like summer. It has this light, fresh quality to it that just screams sunshine and long summer days.
In adding to the summer quality of lemon, this recipe is super-duper easy and won’t heat up your kitchen for too long. As someone who lives through 100-degree summer days, I’m all about the simple, low-heat summer recipes! That way I can enjoy the dessert without feeling like I might die of heat stroke. It’s a win/win.
This turnover recipe only takes 6 ingredients and is a snap to whip up. It’s about as easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy as you can get (see what I did there?? ?).
The Lemon Cream Turnovers ingredient list:
1. Puff Pastry
2. Lemon Curd
3. Whipped Cream Cheese
5. Lemon Zest
The filling, which is the cream cheese, lemon curd, sugar, and lemon zest mixed together, is place inside of the puff pastry. Once brushed with the egg wash and sprinkled with a bit of extra sugar, the only thing standing between you and these turnovers is a 20-minute bake time.
If you’re as much of a lemon fan as I am, I think you’ll love these! If you’re not a lemon fan, these sweet turnovers just might convert you over to the lemon side. ?
Also, just throwin’ this out there, a scoop (or three) of vanilla ice cream would be bomb on these (don’t ask me how I know this).
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed (1 sheet equals 4 large turnovers)
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup lemon curd homemade or store-bought
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest about the zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (in case any of the filling leaks out of the turnovers, the parchment paper or foil will make for easy clean-up).
- Unfold your thawed puff pastry dough. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into four equal squares. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix whipped cream cheese, lemon curd, lemon zest, and 3 Tbsp of sugar together until well combined.
- Place about 2 Tbsp of filling into the corner of each square of puff pastry. Fold the pastry diagonally, and crimp the edges with a fork. Brush the tops and edges of each turnover with egg wash, and sprinkle each with the remaining 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
This post first appeared over at Julie’s Eats & Treats where I’m a contributor.
Love lemon?! Check these other recipes out: