This rich and decadent s’mores brownie recipe is the classic campfire food in bar form! It’s filled with rich chocolate and gooey marshmallows, and sits on top of a buttery graham cracker crust!
I’m a magazine junkie.
I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s an obsession that is slightly out of control. Seriously, I might single-handedly be keeping the food magazine industry in business.
I get ridiculously giddy when I see a new issue, and I legitimately peruse the magazine cover to cover 2-3 times in one sitting. Seriously, it’s one of the highlights of each month.
However, I can’t just look at the magazine in stores. Oh no, I have to buy each every one, and I also have to keep them for years and years.
You don’t even want to know how many magazines I have.
Considering how much I love the print industry, and how a piece of me slowly dies every time a publishing company goes under, keeping the food magazine industry alive is a cross I’ll gladly bear.
Like magazines, I’m also a brownie junkie.
While cheesecake might be my all-time favorite dessert, brownies are up there on the list.
They’re rich. They’re fudgy. And they’re the ultimate comfort food.
And when they sit on top of a graham cracker crust and have gooey marshmallows inside with a sprinkling of toasted grahams and melted chocolate on top?
Let me tell you, it’s priiitty magical.
Fudge on fudge on fudge.
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c butter
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, baking bars, whatever you have
- 1 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 c flour
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips any kind (I used milk)
- OR 1 box brownie mix following all directions on the back
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 oz chopped milk chocolate bar
- 2 graham crackers broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs together. Once combined, press crust into a 9x9 baking pan. Set aside.
- (If using a box mix, prepare the batter according to the directions on the back of the box--I suggest Ghirardelli boxed brownie mix or Betty Crocker).
- Over a double broiler, or in the microwave, melt butter and chocolate together. Once melted, allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Next, add in the sugar, and mix. Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Next, add in vanilla.
- Add in espresso powder, salt, baking powder, flour, and cocoa powder. Mix until just combined.
- Add in oil and chocolate chips, stir.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of marshmallows evenly over the batter. Top the marshmallows with the rest of the batter, doing your best to cover all the marshmallows with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until brownies are no longer wet in the middle.
- Pull the brownies out of the oven and top with graham cracker pieces and chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 1 minute.
- Allow the brownies to cool and enjoy!
Here are some other brownie recipes you might love:
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
Raspberry Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
You sound just like me…I’m a magazine junkie, too! I could literally stand at the magazine shelf in stores for hours! And I have a lot of subscriptions, too! These brownies look SO good, Michelle! I’m craving one for breakfast, which sounds just perfect for a Friday!
Vivian | stayaliveandcooking says
This is amazing for a chocolate lover like myself! You added all of those really tasty ingredients… I need!
Justine | Cooking and Beer says
I swear to you, I subscribe to about a dozen magazines. I love them! I’m in love with these brownies, too. They look so decadent!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
Michelle, these brownies look seriously amazing! So gooey and full of s’mores flavor 🙂 Pinning!
Katerina @ Diethood says
Yep, magazine junkie over here, too!! Brownies junkie, as well!! 😀 I’m loving all that melty, gooey amazingness up there in the photos!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
These brownies are totally irresistible! I’m dreaming to have a bite of them right now! 😉
Jenny | Honey and Birch says
Fudge x 3? I’m IN.
Ashlyn @ Belle of the Kitchen says
I could get into some major trouble with these around! YUM!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife says
hahaha I keep my magazines for years too! I pretty much decorate with them too. I have them on my coffee tables, end tables and nightstands lol
Love these brownies! I love anything that has to do with s’mores!!
Cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling says
Ooey gooey fudgy perfection!!!! These look amazing!
Can you make this without coffee?
Yep! It’s totally optional. 🙂 Thanks!