Rocky Road M&M Cookies: These double chocolate cookies are filled marshmallows, chocolate chips, M&Ms, and almonds! They’re so good. Back over here, I mentioned we should make cookie Mondays a thing. Is there even a better way to start out the beginning of the week than with a giant, chocolate cookie? (Hint: There is no better way)
So, today, in honor of it actually being a Monday (there isn’t much I need to make eating a cookie justifiable), I’m bringing cookie Mondays back to the blog with these thick, chocolatey Rocky Road Cookies.
Plus, since it’s definitely spring now with Easter just around the corner (or river bend), these cookies have those adorable-and-addicting pastel colored M&Ms packed in them.
You are all welcome.
I’m a moth to a flame when it comes to pretty things, and I’m not selective on what those pretty things might be. It could be a candle, a scarf, a mug, or even a pretty bowl filled with pastel M&Ms.
The M&Ms I didn’t need for these cookies went back on the shelf.
I could talk about how proud I was for not buckling under Target’s 2-for-1 peer pressure deal, but I’m pretty sure all the M&Ms I didn’t eat by not buying extra bags I made up for with these cookies.
I don’t want to talk about it.
Yields 12-14 Large Cookies
30 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional; also, other nuts can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- About 45-50 mini marshmallows
- With a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and espresso powder. Once combined, slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Add in M&Ms, almonds, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix. Once combined, chill dough in refrigerator for about 20 minutes (this makes the dough easier to work with).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Take about 2 Tbsp of dough and flatten it slightly in your hand. Stick 3-4 marshmallows in the center, and fold the cookie dough around the marshmallows and form it into a ball. Make sure none of the marshmallows can be seen in the dough.
- Place on cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the cookies are done.
My favorite products used in this recipe: