These rich fudge brownies are swirled with raspberry cheesecake to make the ultimate dessert!
I don’t know about you, but for me, this week was pretty much the longest week known to man. It all started on Monday when I spilled coffee everywhere, including my white shirt, and I just had this feeling it was going to be one of those weeks–the ones that take straight for-ev-er to be over.
So, in celebration that we made it through the work week strong (or just made it through) and that it’s Saturday and I’m out of my pajamas before 10am, we’re eating dessert. Loaded, ultimate dessert.
Cheesecake Brownies, to be exact.
Two of my all-time favorite desserts in the world colliding into one glorious creation–with raspberries, because chocolate and raspberries should never be apart (at least for this dessert).
I could eat brownies any time, any place. It’s kind of a problem–one I’ll take willingly, but a problem nonetheless.
There is absolutely nothing like fudgy, rich chocolate. When swirled with creamy cheesecake and sweet raspberries? It’s all I want.
And, what’s fabulous about this recipe is that the brownie portion works with both my homemade brownie batter and a boxed mix.
These make the world go ’round.
These are pretty much my favorite thing to date.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chips, baking bars, whatever you have
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 c chocolate chips, any kind (I used milk)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh (or frozen, thawed with the juices drained)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 9x9 baking pan.
- Over a double broiler, or in the microwave, melt butter and chocolate together. Once melted, allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Next, add in the sugar and mix. Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Next, add in vanilla.
- Add in espresso powder, salt, baking powder, flour, and cocoa powder. Mix until just combined.
- Add in oil and chocolate chips, stir. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the sugar, vanilla, and egg, and mix until combined. Add in raspberries, and beat until raspberries are well combined.
- Pour brownie batter in the pan. Top with dollops of cheesecake. Use a knife to swirl the cheesecake with the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until brownies are no longer gooey in the center. Allow to cool for 1-2 hours, and then refrigerate for 2 more (I prefer these cold, but they may be eaten at room temperature as well!)
- Enjoy with milk!
Here are some other recipes you might love!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
I am beyond happy that it’s Saturday! These brownies look fabulous- two of my favorite desserts in one! 🙂 Pinning!
I can’t resist that pretty pink frosting <3
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
These brownies are totally gorgeous! Raspberry and chocolate is one of my favorite food combinations!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Wow do these brownies look good! I love the combination of raspberry cheesecake and lots of chocolate. Just perfect!
Raspberries and Chocolate, Yes Please! These look scrumptious. And I will have a glass of milk with mine, thank you!
Made these several times. Many compliments
There are scrumptious Has anyone doubled recipe and made in 9X13 pan? Bake any longer?