These chewy Maple Glazed Apple Blondies taste like sweet apple pie with a warm maple icing! This homemade apple blondie recipe is the perfect fall dessert! It’s easy, super flavorful, and always a crowd pleaser!
Do you remember that episode of Friends where Chandler and Ross are going to paaar-taaay with their old friend from college? And he can’t come so they decide to go out with Joey, but after only a couple hours on the town, they realize they’re way too old and would rather just hang out at Central Perk drinking coffee (Pumpkin Spice Lattes, preferably) and eating muffins?
That’s pretty much been me my whole life.
Remember when I said I was basically 80 years old? Yeah, I wasn’t kidding.
Catching up with friends over dinner or a cup of coffee is an evening well spent, in my opinion. And when dessert involves blondies that taste like apple pie? Life doesn’t get much better. Unless life gives me Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones or Brownie Bottom Pumpkin Cream Pie.
Now that Labor Day has passed, it is officially fall in my mind. We have crossed into the land of pumpkins, apples, and all things sugar and spice. Right? Even though the calendar doesn’t think fall is coming for a couple more weeks, I think we all know the end of Labor Day is the unofficial start to fall.
Obviously, it’s the unofficial start to baking my weight in all things pumpkin and maple.
Ohhh. It’s going to start getting good around here.
Are you excited? Because I am.
If there are two words I could say to sum up this post, it would be: make these.
And five more words: Do not skip the glaze. I repeat, DO NOT skip the glaze.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large apples chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 11x7 pan with tin foil (or spray with pan with cooking spray).
- On med-low heat, cook apple filling mixture for about 3-4 minutes. Pull off heat and allow to cool.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- In the bottom of the pan, spread half the blondie batter evenly, using a spatula (or your hands--batter is very thick, so I prefer to spread with my hands).
- Spread apple filling all over the layer.
- Top with remaining blondie batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Melt butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon over low heat. Once melted together, pull off the heat. Sift in powdered sugar, and whisk until fully combined. Allow to cool for 8-10 minutes so the glaze can thicken.
- Allow bars to cool for about 10 minutes, then pour the glaze over the bars and allow it to set.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
Here are some other recipes you’ll love: