The classic chocolate chip cookie recipe gets kicked up a notch with the addition of crushed Oreos and vanilla pudding to make a thick, chewy, and perfectly sweet cookies and cream cookie! I triple-dog-dare you to try and eat only one.
So, I know that over the weekend I promised you this (and it’s coming!), but first, we have to talk about these cookies.
Because I may never make a regular chocolate chip cookie again.
(Totally false, but I’m trying to be dramatic here).
Oreos, the packaged cookie hailed above all other packaged cookies, are pretty much the best thing about these cookies. First of all, let’s just say it like it is, Oreos rock (hence the reason why they’re hailed). And secondly, who doesn’t like a dessert within a dessert, like a cookie in a cookie? Or cookie in a cake? Or, maybe even a pie in a cupcake?
I don’t hate it.
A couple of weeks ago, I made you all (because I really am a generous and thoughtful soul) Pistachio Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies, which uses a packet of instant pistachio pudding (don’t hate me for being Captain Obvious there) to give it a thick and chewy texture all other cookies are jealous of.
They make no apologies.
And neither do I, because I used the same idea here by adding instant vanilla pudding in this recipe to not only add to the texture, but also to the flavor.
They’re rich, sweet, and the Mary Poppins of cookies (practically perfect in every way).
I feel like you should probably try these out. ?
Yields 14 Large Cookies
The classic chocolate chip cookie recipe gets kicked up a notch with the addition of crushed Oreos and vanilla pudding to make a thick, chewy, and perfectly sweet cookies and cream cookie!
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (3.4oz) package vanilla (instant)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Oreos, crushed into pieces
- Beat butter until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in brown sugar and white sugar and beat until combined. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, vanilla pudding, baking soda, and espresso powder. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in the chocolate chips and crushed Oreos; mix.
- Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes, just to firm it up slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 cookie sheets.
- With a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie), scoop the dough and spread evenly on the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden brown.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are some more you might love!