This homemade lemon pepper avocado hummus takes just a few ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes! Plus, these parmesan herb pita chips are seriously addicting.
It’s ridiculously tasty and so, so easy. Like, so simple I’m not sure why homemade hummus hasn’t been on my radar for years.
The truth is, I’m a little new to the hummus party. When it first started gaining popularity, I didn’t really see the attraction to it, especially when chips and salsa–the snack of snacks–was available in excess.
Finally, I was convinced to split a hummus trio with a few people at a restaurant, and my naive eyes were opened to a whole new world of flavors, namely roasted red pepper, chipotle, and tomato basil. They were seriously killer. Plus, how could I, a self-proclaimed carb-o-holic, turn down anything I could dip bread in? #breadislife
I’ve been on the hummus bandwagon ever since, and, you know what? I don’t hate it.
Avocado and chickpeas go together like cookies and cake.
Lemon and pepper go together like Oreos and peanut butter.
Put the four things together and you’ve got the king of snacks (sorry chips and salsa, you’ve been temporarily replaced).
Truthfully, all hummus takes to make is just a handful of ingredients blended in a food processor. It’s fast, it’s packed with protein, and it’s delish (On a side note, every single time I type in ‘delish,’ autocorrect tries to switch it to ‘relish.’ I don’t relish the prospect of having to change delish every time, autocorrect. See what I did there? … Ha. Ha. Ha?).
Moving on, because I’m rambling about obnoxiously corny jokes, I think you’ll love this fun take on hummus! It’s different than the norm, but if you adore avocado, I think you’ll find this a huge win!
Ooooh. And the pita chips! I ate a plate full.
Eat. Dip. Repeat.
Yields 5-6 Servings (Appetizer)
This homemade lemon pepper avocado hummus takes just a few ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes! Plus, these parmesan herb pita chips are seriously addicting. | www.alattefood.com
10 minPrep Time
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas (garbanzo beans), well drained
- 1 large ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil, plus more for serving
- 4 slices pita bread, cut into small strips or triangles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp dried Italian herb blend
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, toss pita chips with olive oil, parmesan cheese, herbs, and black pepper. Spread evenly over a baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy.
- In a food processor, blend all hummus ingredients until smooth, about 5-6 minutes.
- When serving, add black pepper, herbs, and olive oil, if desired.
If you like this recipe, you might like these too!