The classic and delicious combination of mint and chocolate is paired with an Oreo cookie crust to create the tastiest, most addictive chocolate bark! You’re going to flip over these. Mint chocolate oreo bark is an easy recipe that is perfect for a chocolate fix!
This Labor Day weekend was spent up in my home away from home, Hume Lake.
It’s this beautiful area in the Sequoia National Forest that my family has been visiting for almost 24 years. My grandparents built a cabin up there that has been our vacation spot every summer, and it truly is my favorite place in the world.
Because it’s vacation, there is always massive amounts of junk food. Red vines, root beer, ice cream, my dad’s cobbler, apple pie, cinnamon rolls, s’mores–it’s an endless sugar fest. To add to it, because we really needed it obviously 🙂 , I made this mint bark.
And oh my, it was a real crowd pleaser. Even my dad, the disliker of all things minty, was a BIG fan. There is truly something about the way the Oreo cookie crust mixes with the chocolate mint that makes this comforting and delicious experience.
And honestly, this recipe couldn’t be easier.
That’s all it takes to be in minty chocolatey bliss.
Mint with chocolate is one of my favorite flavor pairings–just ask the barista at Starbs since I frequently order peppermint mocha frapps year around (it’s like Christmas in a cup).
Mint and peppermint, believe it or not, are actually slightly different in taste. For me, the peppermint flavor is very holiday-ish. When I think of peppermint, I think of candy canes, stringing lights on the Christmas tree, drinking peppermint creamer (in my coffee of course) while watching Christmas movies, etc.
So, I used Andes mint baking bits in this recipe instead of crushed peppermint because even though the holidays are right around the corner, they aren’t here yet. Plus, I wanted a minty bark that could be made year-around 🙂
Beginning with the crust, take 2 cups of crushed regular and Golden Oreo cookies and mix it with 1/4 cup of melted butter. Press the crust into a file lined 8 x 13 pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for five minutes.
In a double broiler, melt 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips until smooth. Pour over cookie crust.
Sprinkle on 1/4-1/2 cup of Andes mint baking bits over the warm chocolate, which will allow the bits to melt. As soon as they start to melt, take a cake tester or tooth pick and swirl the bits with the chocolate.
Optional: I added semi-sweet mini chips because who doesn’t love more chocolate?! Allow the chocolate bark to cool about 10 minutes, sprinkle on the chips, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Once the bark is chilled, remove it from the pan, and break into pieces.
Yields About 3 cups
The classic and delicious combination of mint and chocolate is paired with an Oreo cookie crust to create the tastiest, most addictive chocolate bark! You're going to flip over these. Mint chocolate oreo bark is an easy recipe that is perfect for a chocolate fix!
10 minPrep Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 c crushed regular Oreos
- 1 c crushed Golden Oreos
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 c Andes mint baking bits
- Optional: semi-sweet mini chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 x 13 pan with foil.
- Mix crushed Oreos with melted butter. Press crust into pan.
- Bake for five minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate chips over a double broiler until completely smooth. Pull off heat.
- Pour melted chocolate over the crust and smooth until the crust is completely covered.
- Sprinkle Andes bits over the warm chocolate. As the bits begin to melt, take a cake tester or tooth pick and swirl the mint bits into the chocolate.
- If adding the mini chips, allow the bark to cool for about 10 minutes, then sprinkle on the chips.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove foil from pan and break the bark apart with your hands or a knife.
- Enjoy the minty goodness!