This mocha breakfast smoothie combines your morning coffee and breakfast together in an on-the-go smoothie!
Considering I love food with my whole heart and could spend all day in the kitchen, the heat and I struggle. We have a serious love/hate (mostly hate) relationship, in that I hate the heat but love what the heat brings: ice cream, poolside days (or beach-side), and summer vacations.
Basically, if I’m not eating ice cream, drinking iced coffee, or counting down the days ’til it’s time to break out the Christmas music (so, October, obviously), I’m smoothie-ing it up.
Smoothies are always a good idea in my book, but, when they also include a little chocolate, a little coffee, and an espresso bean or two, they tend to become my best ideas ever.
In the mornings, when I want my coffee and my smoothie too, but am just not feeling like I can down that much liquid in one sitting, this fantastic combo of coffee and smoothie is my favorite solution.
They’re also great for those on-the-run mornings when you’ve got places to go, people to see, and traffic to wait through, only to remember that you’ve got to stop for gas unless you want to be pushing your car along the side of the road (hint–there is nothing less I want to do).
Any day I can have chocolate for breakfast is a good day.
- 3/4 cup strong coffee cold or cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk I used coconut milk but cow's milk or almond milk would be fine as well
- 1 large banana
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 oz Greek yogurt I used coffee flavored, but plain or vanilla would work
- 1-2 tsp honey optional
- 3-4 ice cubes optional--depending upon how cold/thick you want your smoothie
- 2 espresso beans chopped
- 1/2 oz dark chocolate chopped
- Place all ingredients (excluding the toppings) into a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and serve immediately.
My favorite products used in this recipe:
Here are some of my other favorite smoothies: