Dark Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie: This fruity smoothie tastes like a chocolate dipped strawberry!
Last summer, when my sister and I visited NYC for an impromptu girls trip, one morning, we were both craving smoothies. Straight c-r-a-v-i-n-g.
We stopped at this hip hole-in-the-wall smoothie place that Google Maps directed us to (umm, such a lifesaver. During my first NYC trip, back when flip phones were all the rage, we used a physical map to get us around the Big Apple, which didn’t make us look conspicuous at all).
Hip was a good description for it. Trendy, even. Because they wanted to charge $11 for a baby smoothie. Think Starbucks mini frap size–aka, miniscule. When there are things like Magnolia’s, Joe Coffee, and the Last Bookstore, $11 for a smoothie doesn’t fly.
Jamba was way more our style. And apparently also half of Manhattan’s.
The nearest Jamba was filled to the brim with corporate people, and I kid you not, 96.4% of them all ordered a carrot orange smoothie.
Considering ours were bright pink (the classic Strawberries Wild) in a sea of orange, they stood out priiitty easily, just like I did in my California flip flops and shorts next to the suit-and-tie/loafer people.
Eh, whatcha you gonna do?
This smoothie? It tastes like chocolate dipped strawberries. Could it be any better?
Yes, yes it can. It’s made with almond milk and Greek yogurt, aka good-for-the-body-and-soul ingredients.
- 3/4 cup almond milk coconut milk, skim milk, or 2% will work as well
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain, strawberry or vanilla
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp honey optional--if you prefer your smoothie not as sweet, feel free to omit
- Mini chocolate chips to garnish optional
- Place all ingredients into a blender, and blend on med-high until well combined.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips.
If you like this recipe, here are some others you might like: