Egg White and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich: This protein packed breakfast sandwich is the perfect way to start the morning! Homemade egg whites are sandwiched between avocado toast, and it’s the perfect quick and easy breakfast that’s still a healthy breakfast!
Breakfast is my meal. It’s my thing, you know?
Now, I’ve never experienced this myself, because I really, really like food and all (real shocker there, I’m sure), but I hear there are some people in this world who aren’t hungry for breakfast.
I know, weird, right?
While I’d really like to be able to relate to these people who are not ruled by their stomachs, I’m not sure there has ever been a morning where I’ve thought, “Hmm, I’m not really hungry for breakfast. I think I’ll wait for later.”
Breakfast and coffee. It’s life.
When avocado toast first became a thing, I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about it. I kind of felt like avocado was more of a lunch-dinner-snack food, and I didn’t know how it fit into my breakfast routine.
That was also back when I was just “in like” with avocado.
Oh. Ohhh. We have grown up and moved into the “in love” stage of avocado, and I pretty much want it with everything.
Except dessert (although my sis made a bomb chocolate avocado frosting that I’m still thinking about).
Anyway, since I’m a big fan of avocado toast, I wanted to add that to the breakfast sandwich mix. It’s full of good fats and when paired with whole grain bread and egg whites, it’s a pretty wholesome breakfast sandwich.
Plus, this breakfast sandwich? It’s a thing of dreams.
And then when topped with avocado, egg whites, and pepper jack cheese? Whoa. Breakfast of champions.
But for reals. I mean, I’m no Olympian or anything like that, but I sure am a champion at things like sleeping like the dead, making a Gilmore Girls reference out of anything, and drinking coffee like it’s water.
I give this sandwich full credit for the above skills.
Move out Wheaties, there’s a new champ coming for ya.
- 2 Slices whole grain bread
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 an avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded (any cheese is fine)
- salt and pepper to taste
- While the bread is toasting, cook the egg whites over med-low heat in a small skillet (like you would a fried egg). Cover with a lid to help the egg whites cook evenly. The egg whites should be cooked in about 2-3 minutes, depending upon your stove. Once cooked, pull off the heat and set aside.
- Spread the mashed avocado on both slices of bread. Top one slice of bread with the egg whites and the other slice with pepper jack cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, close the sandwich, and enjoy!
Disclosure: The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Oroweat® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Oroweat®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Oroweat® Bread.