This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Nut Thins. A big thank you for supporting the brands and companies that help make A Latte Food possible!
Avocado Chicken Salad: Chopped chicken gets mixed with creamy avocados, lemon juice, sour cream, pepper jack cheese, almonds, and a blend of seasonings to create the ultimate chicken salad.
Like how I just saw an entire shelf dedicated to pumpkin spice creamer at Target when it’s only August 1st. While the corporate world is ready to bring the spirit of fall, I’m sitting here in the middle of a heat wave thinking about ice cream, the beach, and eating ice cream on the beach.
I can’t ring in the spirit of fall when all I want to do is lay in a room with about twelve fans pointed on me with an endless supply of iced coffee in my hand. I just can’t.
What I can do though, is eat this avocado chicken salad. Because, wow. It’s the perfect summer dish, because it’s light, simple to throw together, and tastes eyeball-rollin’ good.
There was a time in my life when I thought avocados had a place in this world–a place that was nowhere near my food. Somewhere along the way, I discovered the wonder that is an avocado, and have been a total avocado convert since.
Since I’ve been putting avocado on absolutely everything, why not in chicken salad?
The more important question here is, why haven’t I done this earlier in life?
And tastes amazing with Blue Diamond Artisan Nut-Thins.
You’ve got to try this.
- 3 cups chicken cooked and chopped into squares (seasoned to your tastes)
- 2 avocados medium in size
- 2-3 Tbsp sour cream depending upon how creamy you like your chicken salad
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins for serving (such as Flax Seed Artisan Nut Thins and Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins)
- In a large bowl, mash avocados until creamy. Add in sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add in chopped chicken, pepper jack cheese, and slivered almonds; stir until coated. Add in salt and pepper.
- Eat immediately, or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you like this, here are some other easy recipes you might like: